The Pedophile Paradise

by Amazing 37 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It's a good term, this "pedophile paradise".

As hyperbole, it's great.

As comparitive fact, it's accurate. Relative to society around them, the JW leadership has created (perhaps at first unknowingly) a place that pedophiles can be safe from the outrage of society at large, a place where, if they play the game right, pedophiles can operate w/o any sanction, perhaps even be leaders in their community, while their victims are cast aside.

Pedophile paradise? Yep, about as close as you're going to get, at least in any developed nation.

Six, whose still confused as to how people can be so cold and passionless about such important issues.

Edited by - SixofNine on 15 August 2002 13:6:20

• proplog2
    proplog2

I would use Pedophile Paradise to apply to free access to Children. Driving school bus comes to mind. Boy scouts. Gym teacher. Yes catholic priest.

It would be interesting to do a survey of convicted Pedophiles to see if they think being a JW would be more of a Pedophile Paradise than the situation they exploited.

It's a garbage term meant to beat JWs and its that tactic that turns off the average JW to Bill Bowens complaints about being expelled.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Amazing,

I am a little skeptical about that number also. Most men don't even come in contact with that many children who could be molested, I haven't in my whole life. Maybe if they worked with children in some way that could be possible. There never were that many children in any congregation that I attended.

Ken P.

• amac
    amac

Ken -

That is a good point I hadn't thought of.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Using 70 victims as an averagel for Witness pedophiles seems to be way too high, and arbitrarily cutting it in half doesn't make it any better.Every case that I have any knowledge of has fallen into the "situational pedophile" category. I've read through most of the accounts on the Silent Lambs web site and that seems to hold true there as well. The Witness life style really doesn't seem to lend itself to the serial predator scenario either. Can anyone supply any signifiacnt number of cases with high numbers of victims? The cases that are now in court certainly don't support the claim of a 70 victims average.

I also have a problem with the "pedophile paradise" terminology. From the interviews I've seen on television I think the media finds it overblown as well. I think it damages the credibility of the argrument frankly, and that Bill Bowen would sound a little more balanced if he stopped using it.

(Bill don't continaully shake your head "no" when the interviewer is reading the Wt policy statement. Makes you look like a nut case. Wait until they finish and then shake your head.)

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It's a good term, this "pedophile paradise".

As hyperbole, it's great.

As comparitive fact, it's accurate. Relative to society around them, the JW leadership has created (perhaps at first unknowingly) a place that pedophiles can be safe from the outrage of society at large, a place where, if they play the game right, pedophiles can operate w/o any sanction, perhaps even be leaders in their community, while their victims are cast aside.

Pedophile paradise? Yep, about as close as you're going to get, at least in any developed nation.

Six, whose still confused as to how people can be so cold and passionless about such important issues.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

How about "pedophile friendly"?

Ignored One.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

A lot of emotive rhetoric accomplishes very little, likewise hyperbole.Most of the breast-beating is just self-indulgence.

Cold blooded, dispassionate, factual discussion accomplishes a whole lot more.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Cold blooded, dispassionate, factual discussion accomplishes a whole lot more.

What a stupid thing to say.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

sentinel wrote:

It seems to me that JW's have always covered up any problems within congregations. They say they do this "in the name of Jehovah", so that his name will not be dishonored. How can they be so corrupt in their thinking? It is so obvious to me that as long as these situations are allowed to exist and are "covered up" to keep away scandal and reproach, the numbers will only continue to rise.

This scandal, and the UN, Navy, etc scandals, has exposed to many jw's on the edge the overwhelming critical flaw in witness thinking: we confuse God with the GB. If any attack or dare criticize it, we think they are attacking God. Thus, anything that casts the society in a bad light CANNOT be true; the reality is warped to fit the belief.
    I see this EVERYDAY in my cong, my house and my extended family.

I need someone to knock me out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit