Introducing.... me

by Gopher 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gopher
    Gopher

Mommy,

Thanks for the welcome. And nope, it's not Kansas or Oklahoma.

Okay, I'll give out a clue: My state has the world headquarters of 3M and General Mills.

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Minnesota..home of the golden gophers???

Welcome!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Ding, ding, ding.... We have a winner!

Notperfectyet, you are too good. Perhaps you checked the side panel of your cereal box, and saw that General Mills is headquartered in beatiful Golden Valley, Minnesota (just a 3-minute drive from where I live).

Also for those interested, 3M stands for "Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing". They have come a long way from their roots! They are the city of St. Paul's driving economic force, although located in the suburb of Maplewood.

What do you win? I was going to offer you a tub of lutefisk , but rather than those stinky fish I'll just give you my kindest regards from the "frozen tundra".

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

Hi gopher,

i'm also in minnesota, i live in uptown, minneapolis. nice to meet you . thanks for sharing your story.

love harmony

• neyank
    neyank

Hi Gopher,
    My mistake. I was thinking of someone else.
    As far as the name, neyank stands for New England Yank.
    You were close.
    neyank

• openminded
    openminded

For some reason I cant e-mail you. My e-mail is [email protected]
    My name is Ben Lamb im 27yrs old. I was raised in the "truth". I went to Dowling cong as a young kid. If I sound at all familiar let me know before I go into alot of sorted details.
    _Ben

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Welcome, Gopher. Glad you're enjoying the site. BTW, don't worry about being too repressed to visit the Sex forum. We use it for intros because it wasn't being used for anything else.

Also, Waiting and I will help you to become unrepressed in short order. We are the queens of the innuendo, and we'll have you cavorting in the Sex forum in no time.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Thanks, open-minded. I have e-mailed you.

Also, thanks RHW. (See, I already have some of the lingo mastered!)
    I appreciate your offer. Who could be behind such a tempting offer? Could it beeeee.........SATAN?

Actually I was just confused. If I used the "Sex" forum to introduce myself, wouldn't that be considered a casual use of "sex". Sex should be for people who already know each other, right?

And then what would be the use of the "Meet New Friends" forum? So I took a gamble, and attracted enough attention to make me feel welcome.

Thanks for making me feel "at home" already!

• Kismet
    Kismet

Gopher:

Based on your email address I believe I know you well. Were you good friends growing up with a Polish family who son is now a Circuit Overseer (I think they were in Dowling Cong)? I was in Golden Valley for a while myself a long time ago.

If it is you then we know each other well...or at least we used to many years ago.

Wishing you all the best,

Kismet

• Gopher
    Gopher

Kismet,

What a way to end the day! Thanks for your post! Yes, I do know the brother in question. (His initials are W.S.) The family was in North Mpls. congregation, which shares the KH with Dowling. His sister and brother-in-law live crosstown from me as well, and we were good friends up until last year, when, well, you know!

Feel free to e-mail me because I haven't a clue about who you are. (I feel so foolish!)

Christian love, Gopher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit