another shunning experience

by MegaDude 18 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Vivamus' post reminded me of some of my shunning experiences and one I had recently.

Twice I have been doing yard work in the front of my house and my "annointed" JW mother and her car group have pulled up and parked RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE. They get out, dressed up, bookbags, literature. I have a look of disbelief as they all pretend I am not standing there. (I am a known DA'd ex-JW) and they go about their business of selling magazines. My mother smiled at me, but would not wave or say anything verbal. Like I said, this has happened twice. Once I was washing my car and had a fully loaded running garden hose in my hand. I almost.... but didn't.

When it happened the first time, I was upset. The second time, I was enraged. I drove over to my parents' house and got in my *annointed* mother's face and screamed in my most bloodthirsty, murderous, menacing voice that she had never better do that again. She was stunned. She couldn't see what she had done wrong or had done to upset me.

A few years have passed since that happened.

About four weeks ago the JWs came back. Mom wasn't with them, but they had the courtesy to park on the other side of the street. Again, I'm doing yardwork in the front of my house. An old JW acquaintance of mine gets out. He has gone totally gray and it surprised me enough to blurt out, "Hey, Mark, is that you?" He looked at me, gulped hard, nodded like a deer caught in the headlights, and walked away, head hanging down. I almost burst out laughing. I mean, they seemed utterly frightened......of me!!! I mean, my golly goodness, there are plenty of things to be frightened of or nervous about in this world, but a middle aged friendly dude trimming his hedges on the front lawn is not one of them.

You would think these JWs would feel confident, assured, powerful, peaceful and most of all, loving towards former members. After all, they claim to have the backing of the most powerful super being in the universe, Jehovah God Almighty. But the truth is, there is nothing that scares a JW and gives them the heebie jeebies and gets their knees a knocking like a friendly former member.

I had to laugh when I realized how nervous these poor people get over nothing. I used to be like them. And it feels good not be like them anymore.

Edited by - megadude on 14 August 2002 15:2:27

Edited by - megadude on 14 August 2002 15:5:4

• Dawn
    Dawn

A few times the "car group" has pulled up in front of my house to let my mom run up and use our potty. Strange hu?! I always smile and wave at them - but of course they're all looking the other way. It's too funny.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Lol @

He looked at me, gulped hard, nodded like a deer caught in the headlights, and walked away, head hanging down. I almost burst out laughing. I mean, they seemed utterly frightened......of me!!!

I know, their mentality is weird. I remember when I was still a JW, whenever I would see an ex-dub, I nearly got an heart attach, 'naturally' I shunned them, but I got a shock whenever I saw them.

So, we shall just love m to death he?

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I've heard it said...

"Love Jehovah's Witnesses. It'll drive 'em crazy."

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

LOl Megadude ,, I think you should have soaked em right there. I had to laugh when you talked about your friend who was going gray, mark right? well he was so scared,,,I wonder if it was because you had a pint of Ben and Jerry's and at the moment he saw you,, you had major brain freeze!!!!!!!!!! I mean that could be a scarey sight, even for the witness that has seen everything.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Mega- Exactly.

The want us to hate them so they have an excuse to treat us like animals. They're awful. Liked the experience.

A few months back I was holding open a door for some people as I was coming out of the supermarket and one of those people was a JW who knows that I'm "marked". I said, "hi!"

No thank you, nothing but a sneer and a HUMPH! and walked away. Another person (a teenager) who I held the door open for said very loudly, "what a Bitch!!!"

LOL

JWs can't pull the wool over anyone's eyes but their own.

ash

• outnfree
    outnfree
    A few times the "car group" has pulled up in front of my house to let my mom run up and use our potty.

Dawn,

are you sure that using the potty while in field service is an acceptable reason for mom to have contact with an ex-JW? Not really family "business," is it? Or is it?

out

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Heh, heh, Lyin. No brain freeze. And no ice cream either, darn it. Just a bit shocked that Mark's big head of hair had gone totally white. No doubt due to the stress of being an elder in that thankless kingdom hall he is a member of. I hadn't seen him in years; otherwise I wouldn't have said anything at all to another car group of Dubs working my neighborhood. The stingy servants of Jah didn't even bother to offer me the latest spiritual food from the Watchtower and Awake.

Perhaps I will blast them with the hose next time. Can I get arrested for that?

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Saucy Ash said:

"JWs can't pull the wool over anyone's eyes but their own."

LOL. Too true. It's hilarious to me when *worldly people* (WT tm) see the true nature of the Jehovah's Witnesses personality.

• metatron
    metatron

make fun of the whole thing - don't let them use your potty
    without a lecture on the dangers of talking to the disfellowshipped!

Walk right up to them and grab their shoulders and shout
    "BOOGA-BOOGA!". Have a good laugh!

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit