Three reasons why we believe The Jehovah's Witness

by Enchanter 15 Replies latest jw friends

• logical
    logical

I refuse to be deliberately led around in circles explaining this.

ISP, you have had MDS's exclusive attention, he was trying to explain but YOU wouldnt listen. YOU made stupid remarks. You just dont want to hear something that doesnt agree with your own (wrong) thoughts.

• SatanSpawn
    SatanSpawn
    I refuse to be deliberately led around in circles explaining this.

Well, lak mah pappy usta say, you kin lead a horticulture, butcha cain't make her think, sho nuff.

SS

• logical
    logical

My mum always said, if I cant say something nice then to say nothing at all. Im going to start listening to that advice.

My reply to you ss, and in advance to the rest of you smart ass anti Gods - nothing at all

Edited by - logical on 18 March 2001 10:42:41

• SatanSpawn
    SatanSpawn
    smart ass anti Gods

Nawsuh. Ain't nuttin ah said was anti Gods. What ah said was anti premature assumptions, sho nuff.

SS

Edited by - SatanSpawn on 18 March 2001 10:49:1

• Farkel
    Farkel

: The Jehovah's Witness believe three inportant things, that certainly point toward them as being modern day Israel:

: They are:

: 1 - Called by God's own name, as were Biblical Israel

: 2 - Monothestic, or a one God concpt, just like the Biblical Israelites

: 3 - Iconoclastic, or no images used in worship, again, like natural Israel

Of course your little list includes NOTHING that makes dubs unique. They are not the only religion who identifies themselves with God's name, nor are they the only religion who includes God's name as part of their religion's name (as if what NAME one religion calls itself is so earth-shakenly important to God in the first place.) In fact, the only reason they even adopted the name "Jehovah" in their religion was because Grudge Rutherford wanted more material for the 1931 Columbus, Ohio convention. The night before he was to speak he had a dream and bingo! It came to him! "I'll call my little cult Jehovah's Witnesses!" And so it was. So desperate for "proof" that it was God's will that his cult have this name, he used Isaiah 62:2,3 as evidence. Unfortunately the Judge didn't bother to read verse four which states that this "new name" would be "Hephzibah" and NOT "Jehovah's Witnesses." (NIV) I guess Freddie was embarassed enough about this that he used the translation of the name "Hephzibah" ("My Delight is in Her") instead of the actual name as do other translations.

Dub leaders also don't like the pesky fact that the Bible clearly states that Jesus' name was to be above every name. (Phillipians 2:9) Here again, Freddie took the liberty of putting the word "other" in brackets to "clarify" the scripture so that it would be in accordance with WT doctrine, even though there is no hint that was what was intended from a reading of a Greek interlinear translation. Nonetheless, that scripture makes it quite clear how important Jesus' NAME was to be to Christians.

Now, since it is a BIG deal in the dub belief system that a name (in this case God's name) is so important that a MAJOR part of a "framework" which points to the true religion would be that the formal name of the religion itself includes God's name, it would be logical that ANOTHER important part of that framework be that Jesus' name also be prominent, yes? Since dubs are in the advertising business and since the single most important part of their advertising business is book-selling, one must conclude that Jehovah's name would be splattered all over the titles of the many dozens of books that they've produced over the last 1 1/4 century, yes? Yes. And in fact it is so. There are a BUNCH of dub books that contain "Jehovah in their titles. Well, what about the SECOND most important name in the Universe, that of Jesus or Christ? How many books has the WTS produced which also contain that name in their titles? Can you name just ONE? Betcha can't. Go back to Russell, Rutherford, Knorr, Freddie. Just find ONE book that contains the name "Jesus or Christ" in its title. Yet dubs call themselves "Jehovah's Christian Witnesses" and don't bother to even give Jesus prominence by using his name in the title of any of their books. Even in prayers, Jesus is generally only mentioned at the end as a secret "password" to make sure the prayer is heard: "weaskthisallinthenameofJesusChristamen."

Next, dubs are certainly not the only monotheistic religion either, and also not the only religion which rejects idols.

Nothing unique there.

: JW's certainly have a framework of the truth (Romans 2:20)

LOL! Two thousand years of each generation of "the Slave" "feeding" each other, and then a restitution of the "true" religion in the late 19th Century, following by a "cleansing" and "approval" and "appointing" as the "refined Slave" in 1919 nearly four generations ago and after all that time all that has evolved is a "framework" consisting of those three puny things you mentioned?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It just isn't logical, Logical.

Farkel

• JanH
    JanH

Logical:
    : The Jehovah's Witness believe three inportant things, that certainly point toward them as being modern day Israel

What you're essentially doing is making the best possible case for Judaism being the "right religion".

When I read Paul's letters, it is clear that he made a case for distinguishing the Christians from the Jews, and even from the Judaist groups within early Christianity. What you are doing is the opposite: arguing that the "true christians" must be as close to pre-Christian Judaism or even Israelitic religion (which wasn't monotheistic, btw) as possible.

- Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit