Three reasons why we believe The Jehovah's Witness

by Enchanter 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Enchanter
    Enchanter

Three reasons why we believe The Jehovah's Witnesses have the Truth.

1. We will live forever in Paradise and watch everything die over and over.
    2. Because we don't trust our familymembers or friends who were very close to us, are apostates now. But the Governing Body, who we don't know at all, trust our lives to and do everything they say.
    3. Governing Body can't find willing women to have oral sex with. So nobody can.

Enchanter

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Expatbrit

• chappy
    chappy

What'da ya mean they can't find people for ORAL sex? Talking about sex has always been part of the routine. ;-)

later,
    chappy

• ICHING
    ICHING

enchanter - bulletproof.

I-CHING

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

Enchanter
    if i may, 3 more reasons to believe:

1. for the display of caring flocktending when we stumble.

2. for the patient and loving kindness displayed by the elders when we ask questions that knock their stilts from beneath them.

3. for the depth of genuine happiness our families feel when we are truly at peace and happy succeeding outside the borg.

truly
    CHUCK

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I think I've said this before.
    Let me see if I can remember and reach 3 reasons why JWs have The Truth:

1. The Watchtower says so.

2. The elders say so.

3. My mum says so.

How about that?

Seems a bit like that rhyme we leant as kids. "Simon says put your hands on your heads etc" [No offence meant, Simon]

Ozzie
    Ozzie [walking in the light(ning)class]

• logical
    logical

The Jehovah's Witness believe three inportant things, that certainly point toward them as being modern day Israel:

They are:

1 - Called by God's own name, as were Biblical Israel
    2 - Monothestic, or a one God concpt, just like the Biblical Israelites
    3 - Iconoclastic, or no images used in worship, again, like natural Israel

JW's certainly have a framework of the truth (Romans 2:20)

Edited by - logical on 18 March 2001 6:12:50

• ISP
    ISP

Logical said

Jw's took the name Jehovah. Not the other way around as in Israel's case.With regard to the last 2 points, there is a distinctly worse position existing among JWs than other Christian groups.

In some ways, Christians that use images and pray to a triune God maybe spiritually better off than JW's, as strange as it may sound.After all they have far less clutter than JW's.

For example the WTS has elevated the WT magazine above God's Word itself. The R+F spend more time reading/regarding WTS material than they do God's word itself.Where is the justification for that? You may say we need additional 'food' but this 'food' has made people sick! This unscriptural development is tantamount to idolatry or the use of objects in worship.

The GB has become elevated to a position of a F+D Slave that all must regard it/worship it and obedience to it is integral to approval by the WTS God. Such adoration has enabled the R+F to follow the GB instead of their bible-based sensibilities in so many areas e.g. birthdays. The GB have sacrificed some of its followers because of its teaching on blood, transplants and neutrality. Really obedience to the GB has been equated to obedience to God. Where's the scriptural justification for that?

They are Gods messenger wannabees. Thats not enough you know!

ISP

Edited by - ISP on 18 March 2001 6:55:35

• wakeupcall
    wakeupcall

logical: Called by God's name! Have you identified with the name of Jesus Christ? Acts 4:12. A common denominator of all false gods regardless of culture is that they are one-person dieties. Is Islam of God? Of course not. No images used in worship? How about the image of paradise earth inside of each kingdom hall. You know, the image is front and center of the hall.

http://www.truthandgrace.com

• COMF
    COMF

logical said:

JW's certainly have a framework of the truth (Romans 2:20)

JW's have a framework that in some respects resembles a popular interpretation of sections of some ancient writings. That does not by any means automatically equate to having a framework of the truth.

COMF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit