LDH

OK Xander, that was too funny.

Lisa

• Mulan
    Mulan

No, No, No! A thousand times "NO"!!!!

• thinker
    thinker

I've never been a JW so it's all new to me. I read the mags whenever I run across them. Very amusing stuff. One recently had a Q. from the readers about what the bible says about marrying a cousin! I also like to look for the messages that say "stay loyal to the Org".

I received the Rev. book from an active JW to look up some things for myself. But that's about the only one I'll keep.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: : Do you still read societys literature?

Only when my stomach is really troubled and I've run out of epicac.

Farkel

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

No--I don't have them around the house. I was raised as a JW, so grew up on them. A few times, when I encountered them in the last few years, I'd try to read through them, just to keep up on what the WTS was saying. And honestly, I found them so hopelessly boring, so sleep-inducing, I couldn't even make it though a few paragraphs. I'm pretty well-read, and honestly, there's something about the WT literature that's strange; I can't quite put my finger on it. But even when I'm trying to understand and nail some silly point they have to make, most of the time I cannot even make it through all their odd jargon and sentence structure to even pinpoint their errors. It's just not worth it. Bad writing is bad writing.

• minimus
    minimus

yes...and rather than throw old publications away why not sell it? Most of them are collector's items, worth a few bucks.

• Trixie
    Trixie

Sadly, my mom packed up all our WT crap and gave it to our JW neighbor. I hope she went through it and found all the mean comments and graffitti we did.

But a little while ago, my sister got her hands on a WT and Awake. My sis, my ex dub friend Bill and I spent hours flipping through them and reminiscing on the ridiculous stuff we remembed. Hours of fun.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'd rather have my teeth drilled.

• SUSCARRA
    SUSCARRA

Do I ever!!!

Everytime someone posts something of real interest here on this board. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page here where it says, Visit, and you'll see the other areas of interest that supply the 'proper food at the right time'.

SUSCARRA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit