Do you still read societys literature?

by haujobbz 18 Replies latest jw friends

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

I still got my insight books,bible,song book,revelation book,isiahia book,some tracts,awakes @watchtowers

I did throw a lot of my magz away but still got these,what shall i do keep them,sell them to second hand book store,give to charity shop,or read them all again and brainwash myself with jw ideology.

• Carmel
    Carmel

The last time was over 40 years ago! Does that count as "recent"?

carmel

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Actually I wish I could still get the KM's and magazines just to keep tabs on how they are brainwashing my family. I still have my NWT bible, Reasoning book, and some mags.

• Xander
    Xander

Gah - can't stand their tripe.

It actually makes me ill reading it too long - it's so frighteningly DUMB and I can't get over that people read it and believe it....I can hardly come to terms with ME having accepted it for so long. (FWIW, the only thing I really hate - education even to the college level is free in the US, this is the 21st century - there is NO EXCUSE TO BE STUPID!!)

• Xander
    Xander

I do have the WT CDs, though. Sometimes I still need to look stuff up to prove things to the family.

(At least I don't have to see the cheesy pictures of decently dressed people looking earnestly with interest - as if it were some deep material - at what amounts to little more than 'I Can Read' books )

• Jesus Christ
  • Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

No.

Going on 20+ years of no JW propaganda.

Regards,

Jim_TX

• larc
    larc

Carmel, Wow, you have been out about as long as I have. You or I should start a thread about the old days. It was different in many ways back then. To the question of the thread, do I read the stuff? Only on a casual basis, if I find a magazine in a waiting room soemwhere.

• glitter
    glitter

I flick through the new WTs and Awakes for a giggle and I use the books and mags to check things I've read on the WT quotes site for myself and to show things to people - unlike JWs I don't believe everything I'm told just because I *want* to believe it.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

i cherish books, and would never ever throw one away. but with jw material, i would make an exception. i threw out everything. every bit of it. why give it away and help spread their propoganda around? now that i think about it, i should have burned it all. good therapy...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit