Use the Name of God in Vain?

by patio34 14 Replies latest jw friends

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

I can't get scared of a god that doesn't do anything about Ted Bundy, Osama Bin Laden or Adolf Hitler. It seems very appropriate sometimes.

TimB

• minimus
    minimus

Why use God's name that way? Some say Jehovah is incorrect so don't use it. Others love to put down the name by using it with other letters...Jehogies,hovahs, etc. Some just like to laugh at God's name. Many new people that come to this site may notice how others laugh and make fun of Jehovah. I wonder whether this is a turn-off. Of course, everybody has a right to their expressions and perhaps for some, it makes them feel better about themselves.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Jehovah, Jegoober, Hovah, whatever

He has not done jack shit for me in my entire life but destroy my family and cause problems.

Allowing murdering lunatics to roam free, shielding pedophiles from justice for whatever reason, all the while making a monumentous issue of concern about the length of my sideburns as demonstrated by the men supposedly appointed with holy spirit to represent him at a meeting to allegedly serve him.

Spare me.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 13 August 2002 22:17:10

• patio34
    patio34

Hi LauraLisa,

Thanks for the warm post! I really appreciate it.

Reborn2002, your points are well taken and inarguable. A saying I thought was appropriate was "If you allow it, you encourage it." If there were a Jehovah or any god, (s)he has certainly encouraged unimaginable large-scale evil and suffering!

But I must admit, I have a bit of almost superstition about using the name of Jehovah. I'll probably recover.

LOL Gsx! About not offending Shiva, Ganesh, or Budha! Someone commented that instead of saying that's a very Christian thing to do , that you should say that's a very Budhist thing to do.

Tyydyy, your point about a god that allows Ted Bundy, Osama Bin Laden etc. is not very scary was inarguable, imo.

Minimus, thanks for the reply.

Pat

• patio34
    patio34

Hey Yours Chelby,

It is great to not be put on the defensive by dubs. "Free at Last!"

Pat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit