CAN YOU BE DISFELLOWSHIPPED AND STILL BE EFFECTIVE

by minimus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

In view of the fact that Bill Bowen and others who have supported the Silentlambs agenda have been disfellowshipped, do you think this means the end of their effectiveness? Comments on the board suggest that now, JW's won't come forward to Bill because Witnesses won't want to talk to a disfellowshipped person. And some have said that this was the reason why they were fighting their disfellowshipping. I think that those that have been abused will not care whether someone is a JW or not. If they know that these brothers and sisters really care about them, nothing or nobody will stop them from getting support. What do you think?

• JT
    JT

In my exp the answer will be no AND this is due to how wt has indoctrinated it's members for the most part to shut down like an ATM machine on the 3rd wrong try

just an example of who powerful this DFing is in terms of controling the minds of jw

there is a poster here on this site whose family KNOWS he questions the wt, disagrees, and thinks they are a joke, but they still have him over to the house and dinner and so forth

on the other hand he has a bro who is DFed and trying to be reinstated and they will not even speak to him

so he asked his family why the difference since he is trying to get back in and i think your religion is a joke

they told him "since you have not been dealt with by the congo yet is it ok"

this is they warped type of mindset that jw have been trained

so that label DFed and Apostates is much like Pavlow Dog it triggers a reaction in their brain that prior to ones Dfing has not kicked in yet

smile

• larc
    larc

JT, unfortunately, I think you are right. As you have pointed several times, the programming is so strong, that the word, disfellowshipped, will shut down the JW mind. However, Bowen's work will continue to help those who have left and his work will continue to educate the public about the seriousness of this issue. That is a good thing.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Hi minimus,

I was fortunately, never in that situation. However, had I been or known someone who was treated unfairly by local elders, I would definately speak up. I would try to get help from anyone who would listen. It wouldn't matter to me if they are DF or not.

The reason so many abuse victims don't get help, I think, is because they fear they won't be believed. The feelings of isolation from having their complaint dismissed by elders, I imagine, could be overwhelming. Fortunately there is Bill and Silentlambs.

For everbody out there who has been a victim and is a lurker: Don't hold back a complaint against someone. Bill is the same, DF or not and he is there to help you. He has put everything on the line for that purpose. You are not alone.

YC

• minimus
    minimus

I hear ya JT but me thinks that if someone is questioning the organization on issues that are bordering on apostasy, everyone will stay away but this particular issue of child abuse is different.Do you think ANY of the people helped by Silentlambs would not be loyal to the Bowens now, because he's disfellowshipped? I think any person that has suffered abuse and knows about Silentlambs will unhesitatingly get help from the group.........I may be way off.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

I believe that abuse victims looking for support are already pretty disillusioned by their WT experience. Most of them will not be greatly concerned that the Silent Lambs folks are disfellowshipped "former" JWs.

Lee

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

JT, your insight is very accurate but I'm betting on a "critcal mass" of cumulative dissent. I perceive a general erosion in the Administration and the youth. All taking place in a climate of public criticism via the internet and periodically in the press. It is the general "pride" of being a Witness that is eroding . Ten years ago I would have agreed with your scenario but not today. Different climate.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

MAYBE because Bill got disfellowshipped it might wake up some people who have hitherto been sitting on the fence or being apologists. BTW, I am neither disfellowshipped nor disassociated, and I'll continue to talk to Bill because I have great respect for what he has done. To quote the Scarecrow: "I have a brain!" and I'm going to use it. Hopefully others will too.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Sheesh, you guys have said everything I wanted to say.

• blueroom
    blueroom

I think those you have already come forward will continue to fight. But anyone who had been considering it, and hasn't come forward, will remain silent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit