A Return to the Basics - Part I

by Farkel 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mulan
    Mulan

Farkel, Bigred and I applaud you. He and I, both thought it was a great post.

We have some JW friends who say they are unhappy as witnesses, but feel they have the basics right. We have gone over several things to show that what they mean, by the basics, are not right. This is more valuable info.

Thanks, buddy!!!

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Farkel,

Awe-Inspiring Thread!

Thanks BIG TIME!

The simplicity of your statements of truth are so clear and so right.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Mulan,

I'm into fluff these days. I apologize that this thread of mine slipped through the cracks in my new-found fluff-dum!

I'll work on it!

Farkel

• jgnat
    jgnat

Farkel, I have had similar thoughts for some time. When I was young I was fascinated by the "mystery" of Christ.

but we speak God's wisdom in a mystery, even the wisdom that hath been hidden, which God foreordained before the worlds unto our glory: which none of the rulers of this world hath known: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory: 1 Corinthians 2:7-8 ASV

The numerology of Daniel and Revelation fascinated me. These books seemes so deep. I wondered if I would ever be wise enough to comprehend such heady stuff. As I matured, I discovered the great mystery of Christ can be understood by a little child. The mystery of Christ, that the wicked will never understand, is love. Love is illogical. Love means giving more of myself than I expect to get back. The great mystery is that love will win in the end.

The society has it's people so tangled up in the "deep" things of God, they have lost sight of the goal. Pitiful, really, so many people chasing after a tissue dream, not worth the paper it's written on.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Thanks Farkel!

And it always burns me up that there are no JW hospitals yet its ok for JW's to go to St. Mary's, Seton Medical Center, Methodist Hostpital, etc!! Its ok to go to their hospitals but work for Babylon the Great, no way!!

Its ok for JW's to receive assistance from the Red Cross but not ok to donate to them?? Come on!!

Its ok to watch a movie/tv shows but be a movie/tv star?

Its ok for Catholics to examine their religion but not JW's??

Double standards as deep as the Deluge!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit