A Return to the Basics - Part I

by Farkel 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

Great information showing how the WT has missed the mark of true Christianity.

I would be interested in reading the WT article about their regrets of modern laws doing away with the law of stoning. If you have the reference I would appreciate it.

Best Regards, BD

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

Hey Farkel,

Great points. I liked it so much I copied it into a word file (is that ok?). I'd like to show it to my husband. One question...you wouldn't know which specific article from the 50's so that I would have some sort of point of reference instead of just "Farkel says it was there". There has to be proof that it was said or my husband will just disregard it. If it wouldn't be too much trouble could you locate that particular article. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Bona

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Eman,

my own mother has been approved for residence in one of the Jah-Jireh homes when she finds that she can't cope any longer. She tells me that the approval is based on her years of service. - eman

What is a "Jah-Jireh home" and how many are there? Is this just an English thing - I've never heard of those before. I'm assuming they're built & maintained by the WT Society for old, faithful, jw's? What if they have family - can they still be approved?

Hello Bona,

Don't know the actual WT quote, but Farkel's right in it's tone. It was talking about rebellious persons, not just children. In other words, they were sighing that it was ok to stone apostates back in the Good Old Days to show your love for Jehovah. But, *sigh*, Satan's governments won't allow that anymore. *sigh*. Buggers.

Good article, Farkel! See........we notice deep along with the fluff. Really! We were talking with a brother that very situation - "Well, at least we'\ve got the basics right. Nobody else does." At least, in their own opinion - nobody else's opinion.

Thank you.

waiting

• Farkel
    Farkel

Here's the reference for those who asked:

*** w52 11/15 703 Questions from Readers ***

In the case of where a father or mother or son or daughter is disfellowshiped, how should such person be treated by members of the family in their family relationship?-P. C., Ontario, Canada.

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."-Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God's law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof.

God's law does not allow a marriage partner to dismiss his mate because his mate becomes disfellowshiped or apostatizes. Neither will the law of the land in most cases allow a divorce to be granted on such grounds. The faithful believer and the apostate or disfellowshiped mate must legally continue to live together and render proper marriage dues one to the other. A father may not legally dismiss his minor child from his household because of apostasy or disfellowshiping, and a minor child or children may not abandon their father or their mother just because he becomes unfaithful to God and his theocratic organization. The parent must by laws of God and of man fulfill his parental obligations to the child or children as long as they are dependent minors, and the child or children must render filial submission to the parent as long as legally underage or as long as being without parental consent to depart from the home. Of course, if the children are of age, then there can be a departing and breaking of family ties in a physical way, because the spiritual ties have already snapped.

If children are of age and continue to associate with a disfellowshiped parent because of receiving material support from him or her, then they must consider how far their spiritual interests are being endangered by continuing under this unequal arrangement, and whether they can arrange to support themselves, living apart from the fallen-away parent. Their continuing to receive material support should not make them compromise so as to ignore the disfellowshiped state of the parent. If, because of acting according to the disfellowship order of the company of God's people, they become threatened with a withdrawal of the parental support, then they must be willing to take such consequences.

(Pretty scary stuff, huh?)

Farkel

• garybuss
    garybuss

Good post, Thanks!

To present dis-beliefs as beliefs is a fallacy. The claimed consistent beliefs consisting of dis-belief in the Trinity, dis-belief in a burning hell, and dis-belief in immortality of the soul is only a diversion tactic.

Here's how it works: My beliefs have never changed, I don't believe my skin is purple, I don't believe gravity makes objects fall up, and I don't believe in unicorns.

See, I am consistent in my beliefs.

Great job!

gb

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

Thanks Farkel!!! Just so you know, I didn't doubt you...it's just my husband is still in dubdom and he wouldn't just believe me if I showed it to him without any proof.

(Pretty scary stuff, huh?)

...my thoughts exactly...

Thanks a bunch!

Bona

• Farkel
    Farkel

Hi Gary,

: To present dis-beliefs as beliefs is a fallacy.

Boy, is that ever true! Although I'm not an atheist, I always get a kick out of religionists trying to get atheists to prove their "religion," or to disprove the existence of God.

Disbelievers don't need to prove anything, much to the chagrin of believers, and worse, religious crusaders like Jehovah's Witnesses.

Of course, total lack of facts and evidence has never stopped those convinced they have "truth." Those who dare point out those lack of facts too often end up dead at the hands of those "true believers," and you and I would end up dead too if the WTS had its way, as that 1952 WT pointed out.

Everything about the WT religion goes against the grain of how we were made to live, love and think. It is a tragic fact that in order to become a "good" Jehovah's Witness, one is forced to surrender one's own basic humanity.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 13 August 2002 20:33:57

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Great thread.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

off the top of my head, good stuff!!........

Edited by - thichi on 25 November 2002 19:48:34

• jurs
    jurs

I saw this post in a link to a thread I started last night. I thought it would make an interesting read to new ones on the board. Wanted to bring it back up to the top.

jurs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit