Reams and Reams of Information

by Prisca 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Tina
    Tina

jelly,
    No one posts a whole article...I've never seen that. And for those of us who no longer have any wt lit. I appreciate it when it's written out,rather than just an obscure reference......the quotes from the lit support the assertion being made,that is good scholarship. It enhances and supports the logical premise being made...Tina

• Farkel
    Farkel

: This post is primarily for those folk on this board, who post copious quantities of JW info on this board.

: Please don't!

Simon: "Welcome to the main forum where you are free to discuss anything Witness related."

Prisca: "Welcome to the main forum where you are not free to discuss anything witness related."

What part of "free to discuss ANYTHING witness related" do you not understand?

: I can understand your wanting to help present JWs and those looking for info on the Organisation, but this is not the place for posting reams and reams of info. Most of us here know already this stuff. There are web-sites dedicated to providing this information.

Simon: "Welcome to the main forum where you are free to discuss anything Witness related."

Prisca: "I can understand your wanting to help present JWs and those looking for info on the organization, but I've decided this is not the place to do it. Since I and others already know this stuff and even though many JWs may lurk here, to heck with them. You are not welcome to discuss those things. Go elsewhere. And no, I didn't say that was my opinion. I said that is the way it is. Period."

: This site is a discussion board - a place to chat, discuss (not argue!) and support each other.

Simon: "Welcome to the main forum where you are free to discuss anything Witness related. Please remember not to stumble your brothers!"

Prisca: "This is a discussion board, and I have determined what you should discuss and what you shouldn't. Since most of us are ex-JWs and since the most important thing we have in common is that very fact, I have determined we should not discuss the very thing we have in common."

: In the past it has been likened to a coffee shop - but in recent weeks it has looked more like a mine field. There is no need for animosity.

Non sequitur. You haven't shown that posting "reams" of JW stuff on this board turns it into a mine field. You say "there is no need for animosity" and then go out of your way to make some newcomers who have worked tirelessly to help hundreds of people get free of Watchtower slavery feel unwelcome and to "encourage" them to go elsewhere. There is a word for that.

: You might win the battle but it will make it harder for you to win the war (if you think there is one) by providing proof that those that leave the "Truth" are bitter, argumentive and unhappy with their lot. Is that what you want?

Another non-sequitur. Your conclusion does not follow from your assertion. Posting proof of WTS deceit by posting the evidence has nothing to do with being "bitter" OR being "unhappy" OR being "argumentative."

: Those that are looking for info on the history and doctrines of the JW religion will find abundant sites dedicated on the subject. I applaud the ones that go to the trouble and expense to do so. But this is not what this site is primarily for.

Simon: "Welcome to the main forum where you are free to discuss anything Witness related. Please remember not to stumble your brothers!"

Prisca: "Ignore Simon."

: Sure, we can post news, updates and info not generally available, but primarily this is a discussion board. Ok?

Prisca: "This is a discussion board, and I know what kind of discussion is best for all of us. I'll be happy to let you all know what I deem to be appropriate news, and updates."

:And please don't turn it into another H2O. If you want the nastiness of H2O, go back there and leave us alone. This place is for friends who want to be friendly.

Yeah, as long as they think, post and do as YOU say.

Would you say that Friend's "reams" of comments on the society's position on child molestation don't belong here? How do you propose to regulate just what JW information is and isn't appropriate here? How do you propose to regulate what constitutes "reams" of information as opposed to something that you would find acceptable? Do you feel that as ex-JWs we should not talk at all about the JW religion, what it is doing, what it has done and how it has affected us? No? Then how do you propose to regulate just what is and what isn't appropriate and by what criteria do you propose to formulate your regulations? And what do you think gives you the right to do so?

You have made it quite clear that you are unhappy that some folks from H20 are posting here and you have created a slippery slope fallacy as to what that is going to mean to this board as a result.

Your condescending attitude towards those who've come over from H20 is obvious, and lest you think I'm being a jerk for pointing it out, it was you who drew first blood and it was you who showed you have a few things to learn in the hospitality department.

Farkel

• Angharad
    Angharad

I'd just like to say Hi and welcome to all the new posters.

Reading every single post isn't compulsory , I'll admit I don't because I just don't have the time.

The forum is split into sections, for the reason that people can read what they are interested in. So if someone has done some bible research there is a place to post it, where people who are interested can read it.

Also there may be people lurking who have doubts about the society, and they would find reading research that someone may have done useful, in coming to a disission about their future.

I think that there is room for all sorts of discussions, and people can choose what they are interested in.

Edited by - angharad on 20 March 2001 11:17:56

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit