What the Governing Body found out when they ' did the math'

by Esse quam videri 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Stephen Lett May 2015 broadcast

14:45 “… the Governing Body very much feels the urgency of accomplishing as much as we possibly can, in behalf of Kingdom interests, knowing that the great day of Jehovah is near…”

“… in an effort to inform you of the support that is needed for this great work, I have the following information to share. We have looked forward to this next fiscal year and projected expenditures for all the theocratic initiatives we are scheduling. In doing the math, we found that the amount of money flowing out will be much greater than the amount of money that we have coming in, at this time. Well, why is that?

'...Well, it's because we never did the math. We saw all this money going out and really couldn't figure out what the sam hill was going on, what with so much less money coming in. Then someone said, I forget just exactly who, but someone said, we should 'do the math.' So the Governing Body put out a request for a spiritual man, a man who was a fine example in the congregation, a man who took the lead in his family in showing obedience to the organization, oh and a man who had a calculator. So, after much prayer the Governing Body assigned this man to use his calculator to push all those confusing buttons and 'do the math.' Do you know what he figured out? He figured out that much more money was going out than coming in. And we wanted you dear brothers and sisters to be aware of this...'

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

For example, who of you wanting to build a tower does not first sit down and calculate the expense to see if he has enough to complete it? - Luke 14:28

Apparently the Governing Body doesn't!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Response from LEH (Hi KatieKitten):

What is Math?

• jhine
    jhine

"Knowing that the great day of Jehovah is near .

Do you think that they are setting up another 1975 encouraging people to sell houses etc to donate large sums of money to the " preaching work ' or even pay court costs ? .

It's just a thought , but as it worked once before and enough time has elapsed for a younger generation to not know about it maybe they will try it again .

Jan

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I've said this before. Wt for the time been is a flush with cash. They would just have to be. The issue is one of long term sustainability. They know this, hence the JW tv request for donations. Don't worry they have got more than enough money to out live you and me, but it won't last for ever.
  • Listener
    Listener

"the amount flowing out will be much greater than the money flowing in"

This is such a simplistic view that they have presented.

If I was going to buy or build a house in the next fiscal year and had saved up that money to fully cover the cost, or had already sold my home, I could also claim that my expenses for that year would be much greater than the amount I am earning. I would be better off at the end of that fiscal year if my living expenses were less than my income.

What the organization fails to say is whether they will be better off at the end of the fiscal year than they will be at the beginning. Because a lot of their expenses will be for Assets (Kingdom Halls and other land and buildings) that they will now own at the end of the year it is more than likely that their total net worth will be greater at the end of the year.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Didn`t Charles Taze Russell say something to the effect they would never ask for money ?

If the money wasn`t coming in voluntarily that was the time to call it quits ?

When are these people going to wake up ?

smiddy

• Splash
    Splash

*** TV.JW.ORG May 2015 JW Broadcasting *** - Quotes from Stephen Lett:

08:50 For 130 years this organisation has never solicited for funds and is certainly not going to start now.

11:00 Millions of dollars are required each month to finance the colossal kingdom work.

12:20 We in no way want to be categorised with other organisations that coerce their supporters to donate

12:35 All of us have the privilege to donate funds.

12:45 We have many scriptural examples of Jehovah's servants making known the financial needs.

15:05 In an effort to keep you informed of the support that is needed... We've found that the amount of money flowing out will be much greater than the amount of money that we have coming in.*

17:00 There are some facts we want to make you aware of. The financial needs have accelerated at a rate unlike any time in the past.

20:00 Upwards of 170 Regional Translation Offices are needed... An RTO costs from about $1m to several million dollars each, hence we have another reason we need to increase our finances.

20:40 We just felt that you brothers and sisters needed to be made aware of these expenditures.

26:45 We have confidence that our hearts will be moved to contribute what we can each month.

28:30 We felt... that you would apply Pr 3:27 where we're encouraged "not to withhold what is good"... and this is true even of publishers in less affluent countries.

29:20 If our heart is willing there is something we can usually do even if it's merely two small coins.

29:50 A small donation from each of Jehovah's people adds up to a large amount.

31:30 The Governing Body wanted to make you aware of the financial needs in the world field.

*Luke 14:28, 29 - "Who of you wanting to build a tower does not first sit down and calculate the expense to see if he has enough to complete it? Otherwise, he might lay its foundation but not be able to finish it, and all the onlookers would start to ridicule him."
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Wow splash thats really good work compiling those quotes

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Splash

Great work. But did you not feel sick listening to the moron Lett for so long?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit