Wearing Masks. What Masks Do You Wear?

by Celtic 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

Many people on going about their everyday activities whether it's the shopping in town or meeting up with friends someplace don a mask as a disguise against allowing others to see their true feelings on the inside.

What coping masks do you wear, in which situations and do you know why you do this?

Celtic Mark - Cornwall UK

• Xandria
    Xandria

Well Celtic:

When some one hurts me that is a stranger, I put on the " It doesn't bother me mask". Some times it does bother me, but the non confrontational part of me withdraws.

I wait until the "hurt" subsides so I can rationally think about it, and then take the person aside and tell them I did not appreciate the ______ he /she made. Then try to discuss it. It is a technique I use to prevent me from feeling oppressed or make apologies for some thing that is not my fault. It also helps me look at things more objectively.

Xandria

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Sometimes Refiners makes me wear a mask and I have to call him 'slave' in a dominating voice...he also likes me to lead him around the room on a leash and chain with shackles on his ankles....

I think having to wear a mask is a bit much!

Beck

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Well, I tried very hard to wear the sex goddess mask, but it just doesn't fit! *Sigh* so now I'm left only with my mask of niceness....how incredibly boring!

Dana

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I wear a mask for posting so people think I'm nice (?) but really I'm a cranky old sod!

Will that do?

Cheers, Ozzie

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

Pardon me if this gets lengthy, but you did ask.

I have danced the romantic tango with many a man, and tried to find the soul behind the eyes. (first mistake). Now I have always enjoyed the romantic dance, and it is nice. Once the romantic dance has reached it`s finale, I have found that the music stops. Attempts to rekindle (second mistake) the romance and the passion of the tango become futile. I have come to realize the word relationship means the same thing as having a convenient sex partner. After having been in these little dances and trying to force a man to admit (third mistake) that this is all it, was is also futile.

To protect myself from this huge waste of time my face that I wear is direct and to the point and I have forced many men to be blunt with me. It works (as long as you are not in a relationship with him, he figures, what have I got to lose?, sex, no). I have gotten straight forward answers.

Something that always comes back to haunt me. In my last few years with the watchtower there were several talks (mostly directed at the brothers) to be loving to their wives. I know of one brother that always when giving these talks used to ask, can a man live with, or be married to a woman and not love her? Yes. Can a woman live with and be married to a man and not love him? No.

Damn watchtower, they got that one right.

My game face? WHAT THE F**K DO YOU WANT!

witchywoman edited becuase witchy forgot to sign in blood.

Edited by - witchywoman on 12 August 2002 8:35:40

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

Prince Fari mask - when I am fired up and need to vent some steam (usually fired up by emotive issue and feeling I need to have a stronger contribution than I would normally offer)

Jimmy Page mask - when I want to be carefree, try to wear this one when I am facing a potentially stressful situation

+ a few others for special occasions ....

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Hydrating Vitamin Mask: moisturizes and keeps my skin smooth and soft - great after a stressful day.

Cucumber Gel Mask: cools and whitens my skin - an essencial in summer time.

I also massage my face with Beta hydroxy massage cream. Works so well!

• scumrat
    scumrat

I DON'T WEAR A MASK.... WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET.

YOU DON'T LIKE IT. TOO BAD !!!

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am with scumrat.............."what you see is what you get". I am pretty much an open book.

I may mask not feeling well, so I can enjoy a social situation more, but that's about it for me.

It occasionally gets me in trouble, but that's me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit