WHAT"S THE FUNNIEST THING YOU'VE SEEN???

by minimus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

An older brother in our hall gave some lame demostration with a lampshade and a lit oil lamp, ended up burning the shade to fine ash in an attempt to show us the effects that Satans world would have on our spirituality, in times of weakness.

Another brother was about to give the #4 talk on masturbation. Simply stood facing the audience, and in embarassment, stated that "he just couldn't do this", walked off the stage, and went home.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

We had moved to a small town in KS, I think mainly for my dad to escape the stigma of his "sins" that had been exposed in another congregation. We had an ol' country boy there, who's name was Bud. He used to give talks and make references to "the book of Palms"...and once in a prayer, he asked god to bless the "faithful and greek slave". He would always say these two the same way every time. I got to where I would cringe, knowing it was on it's way.

I also once was so bored at the bookstudy that, even though i was the reader, I dozed off on stage.

CoonDawg

• minimus
    minimus

Once a brother was giving his first talk in the school and it was a Bible reading on the Hittites.....which he kept calling the hit titties.

• Trixie
    Trixie

This was not so funny at the time, but later it became funny. Once while at the bookstudy, the room kept getting hotter and hotter. This was in San Diego and it was summer anyways. The room got hotter throughout the whole study. People were sweating and the guy whose house it was being held at wouldn't open the windows. So finally at the end of the interminable study, the brother says "I'm sorry it's so hot in here, but I'm cooking a brisket." My dad nearly had a fit and from then on he was called Brother Brisket by my family.

Another time, the bookstudy was being held at my parents' home. The elder's son sat by this big window that my mom had placed this windchime in. Apparently, the study proved to be boring to him because he fell asleep. We watched as his head rolled back and banged into the windchimes, causing a big ruckus and interrupting the whole study.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit