WHAT"S THE FUNNIEST THING YOU'VE SEEN???

by minimus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I remember years ago after giving a public talk, the sister who was playing the piano had to rush to the front of the hall to get ready to play the opening song for the Watchtower study. What she didn't realize was that her dress was neatly tucked in to her pantyhose for all to see,since she had just come out of the bathroom. The attendant was trying to literally run behind her to tell her of what she was exposing, but couldn't keep up with her. This scene seemed to go on forever and finally the sister sat down on her seat and played like nothing ever happened. I actually have a number of funny stories that I could recount but I would like to hear about any stories that you found funny or amusing.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

That sister was me and I don't think it is very funny

Beck

ps...just to add that the funniest thing I ever saw were the looks on people's faces as they pretended they did not see my ballooning bottom through sheer pantyhose with floral under garment!

Edited by - Beck_Melbourne on 11 August 2002 22:31:13

• minimus
    minimus

BECK, as I recall this charming sister was just flesh toned with no floral designs.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Then that would not have been me - thank the good lord Jesus our savior!

Come to think of it, I was not approaching the piano, I was walking across a room full of dubs at a social function...they were waiting for the next round of the gay gordon (changed to 'happy' gordon) to begin.

I have had many such funny moments during my dub years. A classic was during one book study, the newly appointed ministerial servant who was honoured with the privilege of reading that particular night was so nervous...the book was the blue creation/evolution book. We were studying 'organisms'...which the nervous brother kept pronouncing as 'orgasm'...this went on throughout the entire bookstudy...no one said a word...not even me, his wife!

Beck

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

I remember a few very funny experiences. I remember an elder that went to the bathroom before his talk and when he got to the podium the front of his pants were wet where the zipper was.

I remember an elder that was giving a talk and the top of the podium tipped over and dumped his Bible and notes on the floor.

I also remember during the Memorial one year an individual went to the restroom and must have took a monster dump because when he came out the smell permeated most of the KH.

Scorpion

• blueroom
    blueroom

Once I was a public talk and the brother speaking realized his fly was open. He turned around and zipped it and it got stuck!!!

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

This has nothing to do with the kingdumb hall, but it WAS the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Hubby #1 and I were entertaining an elder and his wife (during good times) one day. Our girls were 3 and 1.5yrs old, and they were upstairs. Hubby was talking to our guests and I was watching a certain cloud creep into the livingroom. Although I pretended to be listening, I was searching my brain for what that cloud could be and FLASH! I excused myself and ran upstairs. As I reached the top of the stairs and turned to the girls' room, I saw Beth, holding a monster sized baby powder container and when I looked at Shelene (1.5yr old), all I saw were two blue eyes) Beth had dumped the entire contents over her sister. This still isn't the funniest part, mind you it took forever to clean up Shelene and forever and a day to get the powder off the hardwood floors all over the house.

The baby powder set off the smoke alarms, which, in the PMQs (military family housing) are attached right into the electrical system. Hubby and I spent a LONG day fanning the darned things cos they kept going off. We stayed up late and watched a movie. Around midnight (the elder and his wife occasion was in the morning), the smoke alarms had been silent for just over an hour and we were beat, and thought it safe to go to bed, and we did.

2am. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! Amazingly the girls didn't wake up, but as I started to roll out of bed to fan yet another smoke alarm, hubby groggily sat up (so I layed down) and instead of going to the smoke alarm, he went to the alarm clock and sat on the bed with this thing on his lap - pushing all the buttons with the confused face of 'why won't this thing go off?' Well, when he realized it was the smoke alarm again, he walked into the hall with a large book and smacked the thing right off the ceiling. I was nearly pissing myself laughing in bed but didn't DARE let him know I was awake. LOL.

When the repairman came he looked at me and said - "you know, all you had to do was turn the breaker off" to which I replied, "you don't know my husband".

I still go into tears when I remember the look on his face with the clock on his lap pushing buttons. And I still laugh when I remember Beth being caught turning Shelene into a blue-eyed snowgirl. By far, it was the funniest and irritating day of my life.

Mimilly of the still giggling class

• minimus
    minimus

I remember in the 70's a Wt. article that was based on Isaiah 66:10 -14. The reader was a black brother originally from way down south. He had this loud booming voice. He was reading verse 11 which says, FOR THE REASON THAT YOU WILL SUCK AND CERTAINLY GET SATISFACTION FROM THE BREAST OF FULL CONSOLATION BY HER ,FOR THE REASON THAT YOU WILL SIP AND EXPERIENCE EXQUISITE DELIGHT FROM THE T I T of her glory. (instead OF teat). As I recall that article, it quoted this scripture a few times and he read it the same way each time. I had to leave especially when I knew he was coming to that word again...lol

• Swan
    Swan

The story you are about to read is true... the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

At a Service Meeting presentation the brother talked about street witnessing. He had two young adults in the wings ready to do a demonstration. "Now we'll see a demonstration. Brother Smith is the Publisher and Sister Jones is the streetwalker." Everybody roared!

• songmistress
    songmistress

ROFLMAO, you guys are gonna make me wet myself.

Song

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit