Missed it by that much ----------23

by John Aquila 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• smiddy
    smiddy

I Play Keno a lot at my local club , last year I hit the spot 7 jackpot mystery pick and collected $ 13650.00 .according to the brochure the odds of winning the 7 number jackpot is 1 in 40,979 .

I usually play 4 ,5 . or 6 numbers which pays $120 ,$640 ,and $1800 which I have won on a number of occasions The cost is $1 a game..

One thing about Australia , the winnings are tax free.

The biggest lottery win I have had was a store syndicate of 10 and my share was $2000.00

smiddy

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Correction on my post, "The minister wife hit the lottery".

The story under "The minister's wife and lotto", A little sin pays off for church". LOL

Minister "I agree with her (wife) that this gift was good and perfect".

From preaching from the pulpit the sins of lottery too, it is a gift from God, good

and perfect. Articles.chicagotribune.comm..18803270420_1_church.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    StrongHaiku - Unlikely that my $5 bought me the winning ticket. But it did buy me 5 minutes of a fantasy where I take my winnings and set up a foundation to put ex-JWs through college. Priceless...

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

john check this out. Lottery draw 4-2-2016.

7-2-4 = 13 seventh day of the week, date and 4th month.

Figure all the combination with those numbers.

Example, 2+4=6

7+3=10

7-2=5

7-4=3

47 and 43.. The numbers last night 3-5-10-43-47 and mega 6, 11 million.

California super lotto plus drawing April 2, 2016..

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Won $4 the week the PowerBall was at $1 Billion. Two or three other fools (who wasted their $2 on tickets) split the $1 Billion jackpot.

Also won $4 last week when it was at $100 Million.

I probably spend more on Starbucks' $3 coffees where I'm always assured of getting a coffee., But with the Lottery, there is always that chance, even if it is 1-to-41,000,000.

Doc

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Doc keep it up you may hit one day, just remember me. The stories you hear,

I stopped to pick up a few items and I had a buck left so what the hell, I will play the lottery.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I've been given Lottery tickets and have bought a few myself over the last few years but have only won a few Dollars.

My Cousin (25 ish not a JW) was given notice by his employer that he was to be laid off from his job. On his way home from work he stopped at a Mini-Mart and picked up some Beer to ease his anxiety about what had happened. The cashier gave him $2 in change so he told her to give him 2 lottery tickets, then stepped aside to scratch them off . One of them was a $2 winner but when he handed it to the cashier and asked for two more tickets, the next customer in line got angry and pushed forward telling my Cousin to get back in line and wait his turn.

This customer bought a large amount of Lottery Tickets and walked out of the store. My cousin was next in line and bought 2 more tickets, one of which was a $12,000 winner.

He went home and told his wife he had some bad news and some good news. She said she too had good news and that she was pregnant with their 1st child. He told her he'd been laid off his job but had just won $12,000. They hopped in the car and drove to the Lottery office at the State Capitol and collected their winnings.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

I bought a ticket for the Lotto Max in Canada. $50 million. In Canada we keep every cent. Every dad burn cent. No taxes. Got first 5 numbers. Last two missed. Made $94.

I feel your pain.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Pete: All I can say is I be damn, good for them.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Esse: No taxes, WTH... Canada is the place....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit