Missed it by that much ----------23

by John Aquila 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

I almost had a freaking heart attack. I even threw my coffee cup at the wall and starting yelling like crazy when I got the the 5th number correct.

I was checking my Texas lottery ticket for this past Saturday. The pot was almost 10 million, about 7 million cash value. About 4 million after taxes. There are 6 numbers total. I got the first 5 numbers correct which will give you about $800 if you paid an extra $1 dollar which I didn’t. Number 23 would have made me a freaking F******millionaire.

Since learning TTATT, that is one of the first things I always wanted to do, play the lottery. The JWs say it wrong because it is gambling. But they can’t comprehend that buying life insurance, house insurance; auto insurance is also a form of gambling. You place a bet with the insurance company that you will die and they cover your bet that you won’t. If you die, they pay your wife the amount of the bet. If you live, you lose your premium.

I set aside $104 dollars a year to play twice a week. My statistics professor used to say, “You can’t win if you don’t play” Risk $2 dollars a week for a chance to will millions, oh yea! And even though people say the probability of winning a lottery is slim, the truth is, in the lottery world someone wins every single week.

Do you play the lottery since you left the WT?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Damn...better luck next time!

Haven't played yet but plan on it SOON

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Not yet, but I plan to. I also plan to go to Vegas and actually play this time. Last time I went I didn't know TTATT and just went to see the sights, shows, Hoover Dam, and visit some of the natural wonders in the area.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I play tournament poker and cash consistently, my percentage of cashing is way higher then what the borg make on the stock market yet I'm gambling thier not. I spent over a 150 bucks a week ago or so taking family to the new jurassic movie I gambled that money that the movie would be good and the family would like it. They did but I thought it sucked, either way it was still a gamble.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I've gotten 4 out of 5 playing Fantasy Five on two occasions but that is only $200+ compared to 5 out of 5 which could be $50,000 or more. Once I had to stop playing because of lack of income and my lucky numbers got the 4 out of 5 again. Arrrrgggh!

The only proven strategy is to play the same numbers over and over again. Even then the odds are a gazillion to one.

• Garrett
    Garrett

I'm not much of a gambling man, mainly because my wonderful dad made my family homeless because of it. On top of that, I don't have the money to spend on lotto tickets, I'm a broke guy eating ramen noodles morning lunch and dinner xD

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

John: Don't you know that will not make you happy, winning the lottery.

I have been trying to make myself unhappy for years. Good luck next time.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I play two of the Lotteries readily available here in the U.K each week. I've never won more than £20, but hey, paying for it keeps a dream alive.

Of course I'm out of pocket.

But :

You gotta be in it to win it.

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku
    I went out and bought a few lottery tickets in your honor...
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

I only spend $2 a week. It's all random, but all you need to win is One time in your lifetime. I've met a few professional lottery players who play for a living. It's a job like anything else.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/nation_world/How_lottery_legend_Joan_Ginther_used_odds_Uncle_Sam_to_win_millions.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit