Broadband internet what does it cost you?

by haujobbz 29 Replies latest jw friends

• jozb5
    jozb5

I have dsl through sbc. I love it but it was a bitch to get it going. It took us almost 3 months to get the damn thing up. It cost about $50 a month but it's worth it. We were thinking about signing up with mci's new neighborhood plan for our basic phone service to save some money but we would of had to let our dsl go and go back to dial-up and that's not happening.

Josie

• Simon
    Simon

We pay 24.99 UK pounds for 512k cable (NTL)

My dad in Canada gets something like 5Mb for 29.99 CAD (about half what we pay)

I think we in the UK get a bad deal.

• Imbue
    Imbue

DSL $35.00 US dollars a month.

• wokeup
    wokeup

Got broadband "Wireless" at 384k for 49.00/month. Good for rural area I'm in.

• Mackin
    Mackin

I have 1.5 meg ADSL at NZ $70.00 per month, that about US $30.00.

Fortunately my employer pays for it since I work at home.

Mackin.

Edited to correct my facts.

Edited by - Mackin on 12 August 2002 17:36:41

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Man, you guys are all paying through the nose! I thought New Jersey, where I live, was more expensive than the rest of the country!!

I pay $29.95 for cable internet. That includes a $10.00 discount because I'm also a cable TV subscriber (so it would be $39.95 without cable TV). I'm surprised that all of you seem to be paying more than that, in some cases a lot more!

• TR
    TR

AT&T cable. It was $20.00 for the first six months, then $40.00 after that. Never had a problem with it. Before that I had DSL, which was always giving me grief. The DSL cost the same as the cable, at 256k and the cable is running at about 1800k.

TR

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Because we live in the woods, we are connected via satellite. Initial start up was a kick in the pants (~$600!) but given the alternative w/our OLD AS ASS phone lines we are in a much better place now!

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

I've had Bellsouth DSL (1.5mb I think) $49.95/month for several months now and love it. In my apartment, the phone lines are so old and crappy that a dial-up connection is nearly impossible but my DSL service has been trouble-free from day one.

Hey any techies here want to enlighten some of us on ADSL? How is it that your house' lines can be so bad (or the lines from your house to the CO) that dial-up is almost not even worth trying but you can have DSL on the same lines and it works fine?

Mike.

• berten
    berten

Over here in the Flemish part of Belgium there is for the moment

only one Cable-Internet provider with a cost of 42 Euro per month.

Limit of 10 Gig,of which 15% upload. (41 USD,64 CAD,29GBP)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit