Broadband internet what does it cost you?

by haujobbz 29 Replies latest jw friends

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

Hello chums!!! I recently subscribed for broadband internet 512kbsec which "b.t" provides at 29.99 ( roughly about 50 dollars a month) is that expensive for the uk i think it is,what i want to know is which of you have broadband internet and how much does it cost monthly for your country mmmm im wondering if yours is cheaper. " later" Also 1 more thing i wonder what speed server jw.com uses

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I once had AT&T cable broadband at $45.99 US, but had too many problems with it. I am currently waiting for my DSL package through earthlink which will cost $49.99 a month after the reduced period they offer to entice one to buy the service is over.

Lew W

• bigboi
    bigboi

I have a dsl connection at 1.5mb ps from the regional telephone service provider. I've been thinking about moving along to cable, though. I pay about 50.00 bucks in addition to the phone bill , but to me it's worth it. I can never go back to regular dial-up again.

ONE....

bigboi

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I have chello, broadband internet, which cost me $45.00 a month, approx. A lot of money for this poor college girl, but definitely worth it, 24/7 online, fantastic.

Viv.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

I have Rogers cable internet, currently CAD$49.95 per month (about US$35 / UKP20)

Canada is overall excellent for availability and price of internet access.

Expatbrit

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

RE: Bigboi what download speeds do you get on average when downloading large files,i get about 60kbsec max also why bother going to cable

RE:dakota red what problems did you have with at@t

RE: Vivamus college girls aint poor doesnt your daddy pay for your college LOL

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I love my cable modem...Comcast @ $49 / month. I'll never do dial-up again...unless I have no options.

Ern

• seawolf
    seawolf

$50 a month for dsl here.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

My problems with AT&T were that it wouldn't stay connected. They replaced the modem 4 times in a week and it still kicked off all the time. They kept saying the problem was my computer, but thourough checks of the computer turned up nothing. I went a week without a connection and finally, they came out and installed all new gadgetry. It worked fine, for 20 minutes. During the process of waiting that week, their main computer lost my email address and they selected a new one for me, they could not recover the old one, they said. I also had AT&T digital phone and the l;ast time it went out, it took out my phone too, so I couldn't even get a dial up, util I took the cable out of the system. I had it all removed that weekend.

In all, I had it about a month. I asked around and everyone on my street that tried it had the same problem. About 4 guys I work with all have it and have never expereinced problems. Go figure.

Lew W

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

I pay $40/mo for 1.5 down - only 128 up.

Bigboi, I'd reconsider switching to cable modem. If you're getting 1.5 with DSL, then you must be at their front doorstep. Most DSL providers offer the same upload speed as download, and many will give you a static IP address (which gets tech nerds excited). Plus, you're far less likely to suffer cable modem's slowdowns (which I haven't seen so far) because you're sharing the segment with far fewer people.

Hmmm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit