Time Travelers....... put on your seat belts

by Crystal 19 Replies latest social entertainment

• COMF
    COMF

I would travel to 2005. Then I'd come back and invest prudently in the stock market.

• seawolf
    seawolf
    I would travel to 2005. Then I'd come back and invest prudently in the stock market.

There would be no sense going through all that trouble when the world economy and stock markets will have collapsed. / You Know

------------------------------------------------------

seriously, I'd do the same thing as you. There aren't Wal-Mart warehouses built big enough to hold all the money I'd have

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

May 31st 2003 the last day of my child support.

• dmouse
    dmouse

You do don't need a time machine to go back in time - just visit a Kingdom Hall, there you will be stuck in an out-of-date society of women being second-class, barbaric practices (being cast out and shunned), and the sort of outrageous religious bigotary adandoned by the rest of enlightened civilisation centuries ago.

I wish a time machine could be invented, then I would send all JWs back to the middle ages when disease and famine meant that half of all children died before they reached the age of five. Then, when they came back, I'd like to see them try and cling to the belief that our time is worse than previous generations.

I think time travel backwards is not possible, just imagine going back and meeting and accidentally killing a grand-parent, would you cease to exist? And if you cease to exist how could you come back and kill your grand-parent???

But how about sending THINGS back in time? What would you send back if you had the chance?

I've always wondered what impact it would have had if a modern book of medicine had somehow dropped into the lap of an ancient Greek physician.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

I'd like to be a face in the crowd on one of the occasions when Jesus spoke to the masses.I would really like to know just what he said to the woman at the well.I would like to see with my own eyes how he treated her, how he looked at her.

I'd like to visit with a famous poet/writer ancestor to see if we would have been kindred spirits.

I'd like to meet Virginia Woolfe and Marie Curie

I'd like to talk to Vincent VanGogh and try to understand why someone who could paint so beautifully could have such a troubled soul.

I'd like to visit a speakeasy in the roaring twenties, wear a little cloche hat, a beaded flapper dress with a long string of pearls and drink bathtub gin

Then, I'd like to come back to our century and send the internet and computers back to the late 1800s.That way, those who were wise enough to be able to see the inconsistencies in the WTS could share with everyone what they learned.

• IronGland
    IronGland

May 14, 1658

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I love time travel movies too. If I could go back in time, it would be to the late 1800's in the old west. I'd like to meet Doc Holiday, and Wyatt Earp. I'd also like to see Calamity Jane.

Gotta love the old west.

• heathen
    heathen

I'd like to check out some dinosaurs.

• COMF
    COMF

You folks who like time travel stories should read "Dragonflight" by Anne McCaffery.

Edited by - COMF on 30 September 2002 20:47:54

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I believe that the human mind is capable of more than we can even conceive presently. But in our dreams and fantasy's we are able to catch glimpses of a futuristic world, like space travel, "beaming" from here to there, changing molecular structure. I would like to travel to the future, where I can see the true potential of humankind at work in the universe, and to finally know some of the answers.

Although it would be interesting to see how my life might have been different, had I made different decisions when young, I would not want to "re-live" those times or change the past in any way. For any changes to the past, though minute, would affect where I am today.

I can catch glimpses of past centuries through TV and Movies. One movie that I really liked and really pulled at my heartstrings was "Somewhere In Time", starring Chris Reeves. The music was also most intreguing.

I also saw Kate and Leopold, and enjoyed it very much. I prefer the more romantic side of these time travel flicks, rather than "The Time Machine" which I saw on DVD this past summer.

"Artificial Intelligence" is a good picture, as well as "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". There are so many.

Sentinel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit