So What's Over Your Mantelpiece Then?

by Englishman 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Time for a little honesty here Folks! How many here have actually visited or (worse) lived in houses where the following pics were on display?

This one:

Or this one:

Or this one:

So who's going to be brave and post a pic of what's hanging over their mantelpiece?

I have a beauty, but I will only post it if others put theirs up first!

Englishman.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Eman,

Please show us yours, but you can't see mine!

What's a mantlepiece, anyway?

Cheers, Ozzie

• larc
    larc

I don't have the technology to scan mine in, but I can describe it. It is an oil painting of a cottage at the edge of lake, with a row boat in front. The scene is late in the day and the colors are earth tones, lots of browns and orange.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I don't have a digital camera over here anymore. But I have a lot of pictures hanging on the walls. The birth of Venus actually hangs on the door to my restroom...

Viv.

• Prisca
    Prisca
    What's a mantlepiece, anyway?

It's the shelf that goes over the fireplace in the living room.

We had one in the house I grew up in. Centre of the mantlepiece was a clock, then the rest of the mantlepiece was filled with various nicknacks and ornaments.

The pic we had over the mantlepiece was a picture of a woman sewing. It looked like a Rembrant print, but I've never seen the pic elsewhere to know who painted it for sure.

• Mulan
    Mulan

We have a clock and wall candleholders (sconces).

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

SInce I don't have a fireplace, I don't have a mantle, naturally. But, I have walls and have various prints, photos and a couple paintings hanging on them. These are my favorites;

I picked this one up while stationed in Germany in the early 70s. I bought one other, but my exwife has it.

This one I picked up from a sidewalk sale on Hollywood Beach in the early 80's.

I really like landscapes, but also have portraits of me and my daughters hanging around the house.

Lew W

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Much nicer than those ghastly prints of Eman's !!!

• zev
    zev

here is what hangs over my mantlepiece.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

LOL, Zev. Do you curtsey when you walk past?

Lew W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit