Jehovah's witnesses owe much to the catolic church

by TheWonderofYou 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Jehovahs witness owe the Bible to the catolic church,the church was the authority that put the bible together, and Jehovahs witnesses owe the name Jehovah a catolic monk. Jehovash witnesses owe the catolic church the sowing of the field where they are now preaching.

Otherwise after leaving the JW I got a much better understanding of christianity and the CC.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Ah, yes...the Catholic Church - the mother of them all.

Excommunicated Catholics are denied the communion - the JWs don't drink the wine or eat the bread.

The Jehovah's witnesses are just apostate Catholics.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    tWoY - after leaving the JW I got a much better understanding of christianity and the CC.

Yes. I admit I did too. that's why I am now happily atheist.

• prologos
    prologos

Excommunicated Catholics are denied the communion - the JWs don't drink the wine

OrphanCrow: are all Catholics served the wine?, or, just like the JWs, denied it, but allowed to watch the special class member ( priest) drink?

TheWonderofYou Does not the Governing Body composite pope speak "ex Cathedra" too?

• B4Right
    B4Right

The Governing Body will never admit this outright.

with one of the JW Broadcast that there was not a 1900 year old FDS they were speaking that there were believers not totally understanding the bible. I'm sure somewhere down the line they will try to " fake- in" something that will not give credit to Constantine nor the church.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    prologos: OrphanCrow: are all Catholics served the wine?, or, just like the JWs, denied it, but allowed to watch the special class member ( priest) drink?

I duuno, prologos. Lol! I am not much of a Catholic. I have only been in a Catholic Church for weddings and funerals. And once, for fun, I went to Roman Catholic Easter mass. That was a hoot - I had never seen anything like it!

There were guys dressed in blue and white who marched around (the knights), and the priest did hokey pokey magic - talking in Latin, shaking incense balls and throwing stuff in a cauldron...big sparks and lots of smoke!

I was sitting alone in a pew, and got surrounded by a large Italian family. Haha! they brought coolers with sandwiches and chicken and thermoses of coffee (I think it was coffee - maybe it was wine) and settled in for a party.

It was wild. And the music was good.

But, if you really want an experience, I recommend a Ukrainian Greek Orthodox wedding. If you can tolerate the length and the getting up and down, the ceremony is quite stupendous.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    Im thinking about it.
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Yep. They get credit for preserving the bible through the heathen, dark ages. They also decided what order the books of the bible should be in. Its also ironic that they determined what books of the bible were inspired or not. You'll never hear a thank you from the almighty borg, though.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I think so too!

I always felt the JWs were jealous of the RC church and were always knocking it like it was a rival - which it is.

I think it was and IS all about the envy of power.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    TheWonderofYou: Jehovahs witness owe the Bible to the catolic church,the church was the authority that put the bible together.
    What about the Orthodox church? Didn't it have something to do with the creation of Christianity?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit