How to See, Hear and Know God...

by AGuest 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

First of all, you can't blame the little children. You really, honestly can't. And if God should exist, we are nothing but little children to him as well. SJ, I am not attacking you or anything, but come on! If you're little girl, or boy should step inside a car and gets hurt, you are not going to blame that kid are you? Blame the perpetrator. And yes, Id blame the parent should he stand by and watch! Now, no sane parent would do that of course, but it is exactly what God is doing. You've said so yourself, by your own reasoning.

Now, for me personally, I do not believe in God anymore, my feelings are best voiced with Epicures:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able but not willing? Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Peace to you all, Viv.

• ISP
    ISP

Jesus is active? He is only active in people's minds and not in any objective sense. Any one who claims that Jesus is active in the normal sense of the word is a fraud.

ISP

• AGuest
    AGuest

You are right, Pom. The sheep should not BLAME the sheep. And I don't think I did. I simply tried to lovingly redirect the erroneous blame that a "sheep" had put on God, the Father of Christ (which apparently it's okay to do). Seems to me, though, that blaming God is sort of Adam-ish and not very Christ-like. So, if you are comparing sheep, as you seem to be doing, perhaps you are right: we should not hold Christ's sheep accountable; we should just blame Christ's Father. Yes? Do I have that right? (Seems to me though that blaming God isn't very sheep-like either. But what do I know. I'm only a slave.)

Peace.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

You are right, Pom.

Ya think?

The sheep should not BLAME the sheep.

You are correct ma'am.

And I don't think I did.
    Really? This is exactly what you said to Viv:

Aguest said, "Who, then, really "allowed" them to hurt you? Did not you yourself.. .'"

In the above, you are SQUARELY putting the blame on top of her.

Then you say this:

Aguest said, "In a sense, I did blame the 'victim' here. Perhaps I shouldn't have, just as I cannot blame my "children"

You admitted you DID blame her, and gave an example of YOUR children.

Now you say, "I don't think I did."

Do you honestly know what you are saying? I'm beginning not to believe so. Is this typical of the "spirit" that is talking to you? You know, I came out of an organization that pulled that very same kind of trick. Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes, No...Sorry, I don't buy YESNO for an answer anymore.

I simply tried to lovingly redirect the erroneous blame that a "sheep" had put on God, the Father of Christ (which apparently it's okay to do).

I don't believe blaming the victim is loving in any sense of the word. Blaming Father or Christ is not the way to go either.

Seems to me, though, that blaming God is sort of Adam-ish and not very Christ-like.

Adam never blamed God. Where in the Bible does it say that?

So, if you are comparing sheep, as you seem to be doing, perhaps you are right: we should not hold Christ's sheep accountable; we should just blame Christ's Father.

I believe you have something bass akwards. Put blame where blame belongs, in the lap of Satan.

Yes? Do I have that right?

No, you have it all wrong.

(Seems to me though that blaming God isn't very sheep-like either. But what do I know. I'm only a slave.)

No it isn't. But I believe you are both missing the mark. You are blaming her, and she is blaming God.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

I know where to put my blame.

Edited by - pomegranate on 12 August 2002 7:56:6

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Hey Aguest, did you ever read that bit in the bible about "Don't use god's name in vain?" Quite a few people think that just means don't say "God damn" but then again, quite a few people are idiots. It also means don't read the bible, attempt to read between the lines and find the deeper secrets of the bible that we NEVER put in there, and then push your ideas off as coming from dad. What you're doing when you do that is taking your own words and ideas and saying that they're god's; basically you're using dad's name in vain.
    Stop it.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you all have peace...

'Pom, dear, I said to blame (1) ourselves, (2) our parents, (3) the 'con', 'nice lady,' etc., etc., i.e., Satan. And it DEPENDS on the situation as to which. In some instances I CAN blame my children; in others, I cannot. I think others reading this will have gotten that point.

Please note that Adam did blame God: "The woman that YOU gave me..." implying that God gave him something defective, so that He (God) was at fault, for it was what GOD gave him that caused his error. God purposefully created a being to entice... or that would entice... him.

I will stand up for my Father against all those who "lyingly say every sort of thing about [him]"... just as I will also bear the same witness for my Lord. Just as I would do for ANYONE that I loved. It's called "loyalty". Yes, I will give you reasons to look at YOURSELF and YOUR part in your error... just as I had to look at mine... before I will fade silently into the background as someone FALSELY accuses my Father... pursuant to a lack of knowledge of anything about Him. For if they KNEW Him, they would no better... that He is not capable of the things of which He is accused: abandoning the sheep.

It is the 'hired man' that abandons the sheep... sheep that FOLLOWED him... because they listened... to the voice... OF STRANGERS.

We need to "own it", 'Pom... like David did. His error was GREAT... but he OWNED it. And by doing so, saved himself and much of his throne. I am not one to sit and wallow about 'why me'? I would have to live in a ditch in Rwanda with flies in my baby's mouth and nose to 'go there'. All that has happened to me HERE, though, was either brought upon me by my parents and choices THEY made, myself and choices I made... or those I listened to... and choices THEY made... for me.

Again, I bid you peace...

SJ, a slave of Christ, who has no problem accepting responsibility for what I am... and what I've done... as well as what others may have done... that once alienated me from God. PRAISE God, though, through Christ... that I have been 'found'. And all I did... was ask to be.

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Apparently you didn't read this the last time so once again..........

Hey Aguest, did you ever read that bit in the bible about "Don't use god's name in vain?" Quite a few people think that just means don't say "God damn" but then again, quite a few people are idiots. It also means don't read the bible, attempt to read between the lines and find the deeper secrets of the bible that we NEVER put in there, and then push your ideas off as coming from dad. What you're doing when you do that is taking your own words and ideas and saying that they're god's; basically you're using dad's name in vain.
    Stop it.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Jesus Christ... may you have peace!

You've stated that "Apparently you didn't read this the last time..." but to the contrary, I did in fact read it... and chose to ignore it... more for the lack of love intimated in it than for any other reason. (Perhaps some, even you, thought that the name you used threw me, but, well, since it really isn't the name of my Lord, but an English mistransliteration, it didn't bother me one bit. Your presumptuousness did, however, prompt me to raise an eyebrow, albeit only slightly.)

You then ask me did I "ever read that bit in the bible about 'Don't use god's name in vain?'", and I would have to say, no, not literally (at least not those words). I have, however, read... and 'heard' from my Lord that I am not to use his name... or the name of my Father... in a 'worthless' or vain manner.

You continue with "Quite a few people think that just means don't say "God damn" but then again, quite a few people are idiots." I must agree with the first part of your statement; the second part I will refrain from, as I know there are those (including you, perhaps) who might include ME in that description, and so, who am I to judge?

Moving on, you wrote, "It also means don't read the bible, attempt to read between the lines and find the deeper secrets of the bible that we NEVER put in there, and then push your ideas off as coming from dad." Er?! Ummmm... did you JUST do what you said it means NOT to do? Of course you did. And why? Because you yourself don't have a CLUE as to what it means. However, my Lord has granted me leave to enlighten you, which I will do in just a moment, after I address your next comment, where you state, "What you're doing when you do that is taking your own words and ideas and saying that they're god's".

Actually, I am not. I will confess, however, that I share what my Father gives me, through my Lord by means of Holy Spirit. In that "Light", then, I simply take HIS words, as given me FROM His Word... and share them with you and any others who wish to 'hear' what the Spirit says. (Now, at this point, I have been directed to caution you against blasphemy. You DO know what blasphemy is, yes? When you give credit to the Holy Spirit something is it not responsible for... or FAIL to do so when it is? Yes, I thought you did. Therefore, I beg you... 'hear' what the Spirit says... and forget about me. I am a servant, a good-for-nothing-slave... doing the simple task of obeying my Lord.)

Okay, so now back to your point, which was, "basically you're using dad's name in vain." Unfortunately, I beg to differ with you. Using my Father's name in vain, or taking up His name in a worthless way would be to say, perhaps yell "Hallelu Jah"... or "Praise JAH"... when one has, for example, reeled in a "big one" while deep sea fishing. Do you see what I mean? Such a catch, merely for sport, was not a "worthwhile" purpose for using God's name. Another example would be, for instance, when you're stuck in traffic and some unaware individual cuts you off and you exclaim, "Christ!"... or "Jesus H. Christ"... or something to that effect. Again, the name was invoked WORTHLESSLY.

Instead, the names of my Father AND of my Lord... JAH of Armies... and JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... should be invoked: 1. When one is speaking to either 2. When one is granting a blessing on behalf of either 3. When one is praising either 4. When one is telling another or others about either; 5. When one is defending either; and/or 6. When one is glorifying either.

I ask you to go back and read what I've posted here and see if I, in fact, violated any of these. I assure you, I did not. However, others MAY have... in their hearts... and out of my LOVE for them, I followed my Lord's admonishment to 'warn the righteous', so that it would 'go well'... with them... AND with me. Ezekiel 3:20, 21

As a final note, I would like to say to you... and any others who are not sure... the words "goddamn" or "god damn you" are derived from the believe in Hell as a place of torment/torture. It was insituted by people who believed in Hell in this way wishing ill upon another... and uttering a CURSE against such one... that they be damned... by God... to everlasting torment/torture in Hell. Of course, it is a VERY dangerous curse to utter, for 'with same judgment that you are judging, you will BE judged.' Thus, when one says to another "goddamn you", one should really stop and consider who it is that, ultimately, may BE damned... to everlasting destruction.

You end with the words "Stop it," and to that I say to you, I do not listen to the voice of strangers. Since, then, you are neither my "brother" (by your evident lack of love), or my Master (obviously), I am not obligated to 'hear' you. I am, however, obligated to LOVE you... and, therefore, I wish you peace.

YOUR servant, and a slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit