Obama and Muslims

by Shanagirl1 22 Replies latest social current

• Shanagirl1
    Shanagirl1

In “Audacity of Hope” he writes: “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.” The quote comes from page 261 of the paperback edition of “The Audacity of Hope.

He couildn't march in solidarity. Yesterday the "political winds shift" happened. For how long?

The POS had nothing planned yesterday. John Kerry was in India. Eric Holder was in Paris doing something. Joe Biden wasn't there. Obama was watching the games while probably still in his PJs. There was NOTHING on the Potus's schedule.

We might as well realize we don't have a leader/POTUS. 

He also uttered these words before the UN after the Benghazi video fiasco.

"future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." 
    Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ob ... SXvAr2l.99

Sounds to me like Obama sympathizes with Jihadists.  He had the audacity to utter these words before the UN over the Benghazi video. It's sicikening to think about him in his position as the POTUS

Shana

• sir82
    sir82
    And he was born in Kenya, too, amiright?
  • Simon
    Simon

Politicians say anything and everything to tickle the ears of whatever audience they are talking to.

It's disappointing that he didn't attend the march in Paris that so many other world leaders took part in and couldn't see fit to even send a representative.

• Viviane
    Viviane

In “Audacity of Hope” he writes: “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.” The quote comes from page 261 of the paperback edition of “The Audacity of Hope.

Except that's not in any way true.

"future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam."

Ooh, WT style selective cherry picking! Let's look at the full quote. It's not what you claim, BTW.

The future must not belong to those who target Coptic Christians in Egypt – it must be claimed by those in Tahrir Square who chanted “Muslims, Christians, we are one.” The future must not belong to those who bully women – it must be shaped by girls who go to school, and those who stand for a world where our daughters can live their dreams just like our sons. The future must not belong to those corrupt few who steal a country’s resources – it must be won by the students and entrepreneurs; workers and business owners who seek a broader prosperity for all people. Those are the men and women that America stands with; theirs is the vision we will support.

Sounds to me like Obama sympathizes with Jihadists.  He had the audacity to utter these words before the UN over the Benghazi video. It's sicikening to think about him in his position as the POTUS

You are clearly 100% wrong in every conceivable way on these things.

• Shanagirl1
    Shanagirl1

Vivane, Ooh WT style DENIAL; you are clearley 100% blind to this president and his administration.

Shana

• Viviane
    Viviane

Vivane, Ooh WT style DENIAL; you are clearley 100% blind to this president and his administration.

Denial? WTF are you talking about? Facts simply show that your claims could not possibly be more wrong or distorted. Not sure why you have an adversity to being less wrong.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The actual quote, IN context:

"In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction"

The quote is in the context of AMERICAN persecution of innocent,  AMERICAN CITIZEN immigrants, NOT jihadists, AND your quote is made up, a rewording and distortion of what he said.

I bet you didn't get it from his book, eh? Maybe Fox, or Breitbart?

You may want to take note that those are not reliable sources, and the constant BS emails that go around are worse.

This president has killed more muslims than GW ever did; more drone strikes, more surveillance, we still have troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, and Guantanamo is still open.

The reality doesn't fit your idea of him.

• Giordano
    Giordano
    Shanagirl that was an OUCH of distortion that truly backfired on.....you. 
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

""future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." 

"Sounds to me like Obama sympathizes with Jihadists."

Actually he would be speaking against the Jihadists whom he believes are the ones distorting and 'slandering' the prophet Mohammed. He might be wrong in his belief that Islam is a religion of peace, as with the Old Testament and the New, but that is a typical Liberal assumption as regarding the 'peacefulness' of all religions.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

What a perfect example of how the vitriolic Obama haters never let minor things like facts get in their way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit