Exposing the JW's core belief: TRY THIS

by MegaDude 14 Replies latest jw friends

• stichione
    stichione

Dude, that was very interesting. Its amazing how a Dub can be loyal to the Mother Organization, even if its not logical.
    It boils down to fear and the security blanket. Fear of sticking with the WTS even if it makes mistakes, because its
    God's "chosen" organization, and because they have nowhere else to go. A Dub would be terrified of leaving the Org
    or worse yet be df'd. It's like taking the security blanket away from that kid in the Peanuts comic strip. So they would
    rather rationalize something in their mind to make them accept whatever inconsistency is brought to their attention, be
    it the blood doctrine, false prophecies, twisting the true meaning of the Good News, etc. Remember what a WT writer
    once wrote in an article, that people don't like to think too much!

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

In the last year or so since I DA'd from the Jehovah's Witnesses I have encountered them ONCE.

Apparently elders are capable of making an annual "sheperding call" even when one has explicitly stated in writing that they had removed themselves of any sort of affiliation with the Jehovah's Witnesses or their parent company, the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society.

I suppose the fact that they still attempt to convert you against your wishes shows their blatant disrespect for anyone else or their beliefs, and the haughtiness that is ever so abundant in the JW ranks.

Being fortunate enough to possess my grandfather's annual WT and Awake bound volumes from 1945-2000, I decided it would be better to confront them with material and have an opportunity to make them look like fools with their own literature rather than scream for them to leave and never to return.

Anyway, having categorized the bound volumes by topic, then highlighted and marked pages for reference, I presented my summarized case.

I first established precedence that the Jehovah's Witnesses believe that they are God's sole prophet on earth, and that God speaks to them through the articles in the Watchtower.

***Watchtower 1959 January 15 pp.39-41 Down with the Old-Up with the New!***

Whom has God actually used as his prophet?

14 By the historical facts of the case Christendom is beaten back in defeat. Jehovah's Witnesses are deeply grateful today that the plain facts show that God has been pleased to use them. ... It has been because Jehovah thrust out his hand of power and touched their lips and put his words in their mouths...

***Watchtower 1972 April 1 p.197 They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them***

This prophet was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses... Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a prophet for God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way this can be done is to review the record.

After I successfully got the elders to admit that it was indeed The Truth (TM), and that all information coming from the Watchtower and the GB was Jehovah's intended purpose, I then presented the remainder of my short case exposing their falsehoods.

In this particular instance I chose a simple point, the heralded Jehovah's Witness medical doctrines. Nowhere is the hypocrisy and outright flipflop so apparent as in the topic of organ transplants, so I presented that information to them, again, from the Watchtower's own literature. Mind you, Jehovah is "thrusting out his hand of power and touching his lips and putting his words into their mouths" into the Watchtower magazine.

Since I do not feel like typing all of this out, you may find the contradictions in the Jehovah's Witness organ transplant doctrine first in the

***Watchtower 1967 November 15 pp.702-4 Questions from Readers***

and the:

***Watchtower 1980 March 15 p.31 Questions from Readers***

For your convenience, I have embedded a page taken from http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com to provide the information showing the direction contradiction.

You will have to scroll down to the section labeled "Transplants", but it is as follows:

After I showed them that information, they called me a man who was twisting the truth and an agent of Satan working as an apostate to confuse and turn people away from God, and then they left.

How did I twist the truth if I was simply quoting exact articles taken from the Watchtower?

I have not heard from them since.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 10 August 2002 1:8:12

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

After I showed them that information, they called me a man who was twisting the truth and an agent of Satan working as an apostate to confuse and turn people away from God, and then they left.

Geez, they all use exactly the same words and phrases don't they? My parents say this also. Whenever I talk about my objections with the society they are "Derived from satan" and "I am being sucked in by twisted people".

• ewtie
    ewtie

Well Dude, your argument is based on a false premise, that is, that any JW. who disagreed with the WTBS would still be a JW.

Why do JWs quit, because they disagree with the WTBS. If I disagreed with any point I would quit.

Keep you arguments logical.

• waiting
    waiting

Jehovah's Witnesses do NOT teach that anyone who disagrees with the Governing Body is automatically not a jw. I know this is a lie, but that's what they teach. Many jw's - and even "cease to be active" jw's still believe in the Blood Doctrine. It's easier to just blindly believe than figure out the Ever-Changing Light.

"I just can't get this blood issue straight in my head. Now here in this article the Society says all blood that leaves a body, human or animal, should be poured out on the ground. But yet they teach it's okay to take blood fractions made from huge amounts of donated blood? That's not pouring it out on the ground......" dude

There have been so many changes in the blood doctrine:

transplants now ok - and there is living blood in that living organism

blood fractions now ok

use of machines to circulate blood now ok.

hemophiliacs can take necessary, life giving, fraction now ok.

25 years ago.....all of the above would be disfellowshipping events. Now? Up to jw's conscience - and NO disapproval from elders.

Good approach, Megadude. Seemingly non-threatening. Lol, the locals seem threatened by everything lately, eh? And rightly so!

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit