Son plays football, even his old man gets a job!!

by LyinEyes 13 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

De De, congratualtions to you and WT. Some of my best school memories was when I was on the track team. It wore me out, but I loved every minute of it. Your son sounds like he is really enjoying some normalcy for a change. Even WT sounds like he is back to a dream he lost. I hope you guys really enjoy this time and your son does well on the team.

Lew W

• larc
    larc

What a heart warming story! I liked it so much, I had to go get my wife to come read it. She liked it too.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Thanks for the replys all,,,,, I just wanted to tell someone who cared.. You know how I feel about you all, I always feel when something good happens, that i cant wait to tell my "family">

I was kind of worried that it might be getting to be old news, but this is such a big change for us and I feel a sense of peace , I feel I am trying to make up the best way I (we) can to make our kids a good and happy childhood. Yeah , we are living thru them alittle,,,,,,,,,, lol but they are our pride and joy.

Thanks for what you guys had to say, very interesting how many coachs we have in here. That is wonderful, so many of you men had alot to give to the congregation and now you are able to use that talent to help kids,,,,,,,,,,, what a noble thing to do, even kids that are not your own. So far Denny has been having a blast with these boys and his son, the crazy things they say and do.

You all know we are from the south ,, well, lets just say there are thousands of tall tales that go around and these kids, country boys have pulled some things. One time they told Denny they caught a crow and cook the bird in the science lab in the brunson(sp) boiler and ate the thing right there in the science room. They are also big into hunting and are betting on who drives to school with a big buck on the hood of their truck first , come Oct. 1st. These kids are wonderful, and I swear I know if there is a loving God, he couldnt destroy such precious kids. It makes me know for sure that we made the right choice in leaving such a judgemental cult.

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

I was kind of worried that it might be getting to be old news, but this is such a big change for us and I feel a sense of peace , I feel I am trying to make up the best way I (we) can to make our kids a good and happy childhood. Yeah , we are living thru them alittle,,,,,,,,,, lol but they are our pride and joy.

Nah, Dede, it won't be old news. If you're very happy and you like to share your happiness, you're welcome to do that, everyone is welcome to do that. Now that you and your family are out of a religious dictatorship, you are free to express what's on your mind. Doesn't it feel like 800 pounds gorillas named "guilt", "fear" and "depression" are taken off from your shoulders? I bet it does and it's wonderful to live day-by-day knowing what is to be truly free and happy.

I swear I know if there is a loving God, he couldnt destroy such precious kids.

That's true. I think all these babblings from religious groups (not just JWs, but even mainstream groups) that "God is loving, then saying God will destroy" are just to instill fear and control.

It makes me know for sure that we made the right choice in leaving such a judgemental cult.

You did make the right choice and don't doubt for a second that you made the right choice. Just look at how you, Wild Turkey and the kids are much better off now than when y'all were JWs.

hugs and regards,

Ajax

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit