Can Anyone Find this Article??

by silentlambs 24 Replies latest jw friends

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

To: [email protected]

Subject: watchtower: `I can imprison you,' judge tells church man

`I can imprison you,' judge tells church man

A Jehovah's Witness elder has been told he could go to jail for not giving evidence against a former member of his church facing rape and sexual assault charges.

A 35-year-old Hamilton man has denied charges of raping and sexually abusing his wife ...

Published by: Waikato Times

Date: 08/07/2002

Word Count: 294

Relevance Score on Scale of 100: 96

Folder Name: watchtower

Full-text article available at

http://nrstg1p.djnr.com/cgi-bin/NewsRetrieval?cgi=WEB_ST_WC_STORY&DBNAME=PAC

RIM&HDAN=WKTO0222000037&Search=watchtower&QID=273928&QT=R&HDSC=WKTO

Articles are included at no charge for flat-fee corporate customers. (Under standard pricing, charges apply. For details, click the $ icon on the Dow Jones Interactive home page, located at

http://www.djinteractive.com .)

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Bill Bowen,

What evidence? Do you have some evidance?

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

These cases involving Elders not wanting to testify and hiding behind the "collar or religious freedom and privilage" happen all the time.

In the sexual abuse case in Newfoundland in 2000 titled Regina v. J.P.P., an elder and his other elders were told about and investigated a person who was accused of sexual molestation.

The cops and courts got involved and J.P.P. was charged with all sorts of sexual acts. Now the cops became aware of what was told to the elder with respect to this inicident. The judge ruled the elder had to testify because his conversation was not deemed privilaged and what he did was gather information for an "investigation" against someone.

I have given this ruling in the case to Bill and others. The reason for only initials being used is because a minor was involved in the incident. There was a conviction in the case but no details were released because again a minor was involved.

The key to making elders talk is understanding their "investigative role" in all these actions. If that does not come out in court, they could win a case or two. I think that happened in the Fitzwater case if memory serves.

As for Fred Hall - Lets us remind everyone that Fred Hall is a man who supports the Nevada elder Daniel Fitzwater as staying as a Witness in Good standing and considers that he has done nothing wrong. I know I would not want to be known for supporting this 17 time child rapist who was convicted "beyond a reasonable doubt" (which is a higher standard than what the JWs use) but I guess you like it - right Fred?

hawk

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

ahhhh, my suspecions where correct ..FredHall, LOVES child molesters...RAPEST,May he be one himself???Either it makes you sick to your stomach or you find nothing wrong with it...there is no middle ground here.

Fredhall are you afraid to post your real pic...cause of maybe....some people might ..how should i say...act on their disgust of you??Now that would be FUNNY and poetic justice.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Hawkaw - Why do you talk about Fritzwater all the time? Do you have the hots for him?

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Lucy - You are one sick woman.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

No, I am talking about you Fred and your support for Child Rapists like Mr. Daniel Fitzwater who are in jail ight now as JWs in good standing.

I am glad you can sleep at night.

And by the way your attempts at changing the subject don't fool anybody. Your silence and avoidance show just how sick you really are.

hawk

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

ahhhh..then you should love me fred(but my sickness does not even compare to your

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Hwakaw,

I bet you can sleep good at night, especailly while Frizwater chase you around all the time

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Seems like the Waikato Times doesn't have much of an internet presence. Here's some contact details. Perhaps they could fax you the article?

Expatbrit

Head Office Foreman Road, Te Rapa, Hamilton. Private Bag 3086, Hamilton.
    Phone:
    Advertising Phone: 07 849 9530 Main Phone: 07 849 6180 Fax: Management: 07 849 9554 Classified: 07 849 9533 Advertising: 07 849 9540E-mail: [email protected]

Auckland Office - Michelle Page
    5 Broadway, Newmarket, P.O. Box 8268, Symonds Street, Auckland.Phone: 09 377 3022 or 09 377 5022 Fax: 09 373 4995 E-mail: [email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit