Anyone going to 'exJW for Jesus' conv in Oct (PA)

by Unclepenn1 23 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Neo.Yes I knew that -I just had an e-mail from Traci!!!!Her Dad> Cal-Is in very bad shape----- they thought it was gall stones now think it is cancer. He was also booked to go to PA.... Prayers required for him please -after all those years he spent as an elder just came free two years ago.....Pity---

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that about Cal ; I hope it turns out OK. It was very inspiring to see how the whole family came out of the WT to the Lord. I'll pray for him.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Great!!! Thanks Love

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

This year it is 17-18-19 Oct ...Just a reminder.... To all who WANT to know- Now children remember its a free world- I can bring this up again...even if YOU dont want to go- just pass on by!!!!

• willyloman
    willyloman
    "Witnesses Now For Jesus," started over 20 years ago by the late Bill Cetnar, and still run by his wife, Joan

...this name rings a bell. Many years ago, perhaps 20 or so, my daughter was visiting family for several days in a nearby state. They went to their local KH on Sunday morning and when they arrived there were several brothers standing around the front entrance wearing work clothes and carrying tools, cans of paint, brushes, and other cleaning materials. The outside of the Hall had been vandalized in the night, red point splashed on the main entrance wooden doors, graffiti sprayed on the exterior wall and sidewalk, including numerous foul obscenities. We were told it took all day to repair the damage and hide the graffiti and clean up the doors -- which had to be refinished and repainted.

The Cetnar connection? There was a church on the same isolated street, about 100 yards away, and according to the local newspaper that church had the previous evening hosted a special meeting for its members to hear the Cetnars talk about their experiences leaving the Watchtower world. They must have had some story to tell, to get their congregants worked up to the point of vandalism.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Bill did have a story to tell. But I dont think he would have incited folks to do that. He used to answer the letters at Brooklyn Bethel. He has helped thousands have a stable life after the WT..... He passed away a few years ago.But Joan still runs it. Walter Martin was his helper to get free of bondage....

• berylblue
    berylblue

Allentown is very close to where I live now. Where can I get details? Like exact location, cost, etc. I have a few personal days I can use.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I thought the gathering was to be held in New Ringold, PA....about a 45 min to one hour drive N of Allentown. Has that changed?

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Walter Martin was his helper to get free of bondage....

NOW I understand...

• borgfree
    borgfree

Grace,

You already know Allen, Erica and I plan to be there. Allen has their tickets already.

Roy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit