Reporting Time

by dsgal 16 Replies latest jw friends

• dsgal
    dsgal

I read on another post that something new was started at the last elder's meeting about "turning in time" or "getting time in".Anybody know what it is?

• dawn27
    dawn27

I don't know if this is what you mean but I have only been inactive about three months and they were starting to have you turn in time to your book study conductor. If you didn't have it in by the third or fourth of the month you'd get a phone call asking if you had time to turn in. Nothing like putting you on the spot. I think alot of dubs could see through that though, I heard complaints about getting called and pressured. I guess they were just trying to tighten down on inactivity but it was pretty ridiculous to get those phone calls at ten at night asking for your hours. Glad I'm out!

• restorebeauty
    restorebeauty

I must ask this question, especially for persons who came into the JWs from other religions,

Didn't it seem a bit crazy that you had to turn in "time". How is this backed up by the word of God. It absolutley makes no sense to me.

I really can't understand how grown people could not think logically about very obvious "man made rules"

• dsgal
    dsgal

This is their way of keeping up with ones that may be falling away.If you haven't turned in time for a while,they can see it and maybe warn others you may be "bad association".

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

They work on a system of peer pressure. You've got to keep up with the national average. The pioneers are special, etc. That's what keeps the whole cult going. If there was no pressure, who'd go out in service and deal with all that rejection?

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

When I started going door to door, an elder explained to me how the system worked. He said "Jehovah wants you to tell us how many hours you put in". Honestly, even at the time I found that statement ridiculous, So I raised my eyebrows and said "where in the bible does it say _that_?". So the brother took it back and said that it was the Governing Board that wanted the figures, so that they could see the progress of the area we live in, so that enough books can be produced etc. Stupid me, I said "okay" and obediently handed in my time at the end of every month.

Sometimes however, Id forget, and sure enough, I would get a call, or would be asked at a meeting to fill in my report. Annoying.

Viv.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    they were starting to have you turn in time to your book study conductor. If you didn't have it in by the third or fourth of the month you'd get a phone call asking if you had time to turn in.

Nothing new there, they did this for years where I was.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Just make something up.

• Mary
    Mary

When I still used to go out in Service, I still refused to "put in my time".....an elder asked me why I didn't report it. I said because what I did was between me and Jehovah and it wasn't any body else's business. I then asked him "there's absolutely NOTHING in the bible to even indicate that Christians in the first century had to "report time" to the apostles, or count how many scrolls they placed....it's a man-made rule".

He was totally stunned and looked as though he had never even thought of that before (D'UH!) and then after stuttering around for an answer, he just goes "well, just report your time anyway."

Great comeback, asshole.

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD

NO NO NO GUYS!!

Jehovah really DID lay this out to the WTS!!! just look at the box on the bottom of this page!

SEE!! there you go!! God DID command the specific hours!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit