Strange Moment During The 2015 Regional Convention

by JW_Rogue 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

John that's interesting!

But the witnesses are so slick with words, i think they'll use their manipulation mastery to twist it in such a way as to keep most of the flock enraptured.

I would think they are losing followers to the 'generation overlap'...dropping 1914 would help with that. Most of the reasonable sort of witness would like to lose any association with any specific date (and therefore false prophecy). But you're right, it would be a huge admission that they were wrong. And unlike the other false date prophesies, it has been written about constantly in their literature. Not easy to shake off. Time will tell what they decide to do. They can't stick with it much longer.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I think hat the object of the video is to acknowledge that it can be difficult to explain the teaching and that you have to be careful as to how you teach it.
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    You guys are missing an option that I think they may use in the future. They keep the date 1914 but get rid of the mathematical chronology and rely solely on the "composite sign" for proof. Not sure how they would explain this but it hasn't stopped them in the past.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    It takes a lot for me to click on a real wt video, and I haven't watched this one. But could the object of the video be to encourage them to SIMPLIFY witnessing? Just stick to placing magazines and directing people to the website?
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    JW_Rogue

They keep the date 1914 but get rid of the mathematical chronology and rely solely on the "composite sign" for proof. Not sure how they would explain this

Have to keep the date 1914 because so many things are tied to it. Satan was cast out of heaven, the last days started, Jesus started ruling, the organization was chosen, critical times hard to deal with are here, the preaching work in the last days that separates them from the rest of religions.

When it's finally time to come clean, this is what they will do;

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/311150001/we-were-duped-just-like-you

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Who said they will drop it. If Wt knows what's good for it, they will just stop mentioning it and with in a few years the R&F have forgotten about it and life goes on. Because the whole religion been based on the 607/1914 concept if they openly pulled the plug on it, the losses would be high.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Sometimes it just suddenly strikes me as so ludicrous that the world, according to them, was supposed to end in 1914. And they have SUCCESSFULLY managed to string people along for over a hundred years, 'no really!! It's coming!! Any day now!!!!'

that is manipulation SKILLS.

• zimunzucz
    zimunzucz

Last year I called up a few KH's, usually on Saturday morning- I wanted to see what they thought.

ring ring- hello

"Are you having your special WT anniversary talk this Sunday?"

"We're having a talk, but I don't know anything about the anniversary talk"

"You haven't heard about it yet?"

"No, what is it?"

"It's called, 1914 to 2014, JWs celebrate 100 years and nothing has happened, yet"- haha"

Surprisingly, several elder types tried to do damage control with me, but ended up in deep doodoo, instead. One elder whined, "I'll bet you think I'm stupid" - well, what do you think a smart person would do when the WT changed the 1914 generation again?-

So yes, JWs are embarrassed about 1914-2014 and they hope the householder doesn't remind them about their special anniversary.

• zimunzucz
    zimunzucz

It's going to be hard for JWs to live down 1914-2014= a 100 years of WT stupidity. So, rather than take their lumps and quit they dig their heels in and double down the bet that Armageddon just has to be even closer than it was last year.

• Mephis
    Mephis
    The thing I took from that video was that the empathy was with the person doing the study trying to understand the batshit crazy stuff. And the message to me was 'it's ok not to understand it - don't worry about it... it doesn't really matter, it's true because we say it is, you don't really need to know why'. Not a surprise that they're doing jazz hands on it, but it's still fascinating to watch them in the process of trying to untie themselves from older and increasingly uncomfortable doctrine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit