Strange Moment During The 2015 Regional Convention

by JW_Rogue 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Well they drop 607 right out of the gate as though its without dispute. Its like....

"How do we know the end will come in 2016 Jeffrey?"

"Well little idiot, we know Hilary Clinton is the evil slave, therefore we can say she will not gain power before the end comes"

"Derp"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This is the beginning of the end of 1914, in future dont be surprised that it never gets mentioned at assemblies or JWorg.

It was always a fictitious doctrine calculated more to attract attention to the literature the WTS. published.

I wonder why no other Christian based faith came up with 1914 and its supposed relevance ?

Perhaps they read the bible in Jesus's own words when he admonished his true followers to not calculate a specific time on God's own sacred time.

• Magnum
    Magnum

What gets me about this is that JWs seem to think that the way they arrive at 1914 from 607 B.C.E. is deep, like some kind of advanced math or rocket science. Truth is, though, that the process (though wrong) is elementary; it's simple. To me, it shows how lacking in intellect JWs are.

It always irritated me that they think multiplying 360 by 7 and adding the result to negative 607 on a timeline with no zero is difficult.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I hope they have ministry school assignments trying to expain it, that ought to be a real hoot. maybe even an instruction talk that ties one's think ability up in knots,
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

One elder whined, "I'll bet you think I'm stupid"

C;mon, man - I was holding a drink.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Ok, that is just dumb.

This religion has really jumped the shark!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I think a lot of this new stuff their introducing is to just get the R&F confused more then usual. Then they just shrug their shoulders and go to the next get together.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

The Watchtower world " won`t end with a bang , it will end with a whimper" apologies to Neville Schute .

Did the I.B.S.A. end when the world did`nt end in 1914 ?,or when the faithful men of old were`nt resurrected from 1925 onwards ? , in Beth Sarim ? how about the great tribulation not following WW2 ? and who could forget 6000 years of human history ending in 1975 when it would be reasonable for Christ Jesus to begin his reign .?

And the ludicrous teaching about the overlapping generation ?

That the end of this system of things , and the new world order would be in existence by the end of the 20th century ?

These were just some of the major blunders by the Governing Body ,and the Watchtower /Jehovah`s Witnesses and they are still here.

They will come up with some cock and bull story and the R&F will lap it up as they always do.

So don`t hold your breath that JW`s are going away soon , it ain`t gonna happen.

smiddy

By the way , Welcome to the board JW-Rogue

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

A big WELCOME JW Rogue!!

• cofty
    cofty

Video sounds like an American pretending to be British.

It could be summed up as - if we start with the wrong date and link together a load of unrelated phrases from all over the bible we end up at a date when absolutely nothing happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit