We were duped just like you!!

by John Aquila 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

If the GB finally gets caught in their devious shenanigans don’t think they don’t have a plan.

They are always way ahead of the game.

All the Governing Body has to do to escape repercussions from an angry mob of JWs,

Is play the “Victim Card”

Example,GB statement;

It was the Bible’s fault; it’s not inspired from God

But to be honest, we did tell you that it was not inspired.

w96 4/15 p. 19 Why True Worship Receives God’s Blessing

Bible translations themselves are not inspired by God. Translations, by their very nature, may reflect variations of the understanding of the original tongues in which the Bible was recorded.

But you wanted to believe so we supported you!

Good luck we wish you the best!!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Interesting.....

DD

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Interesting quote, may come I handy someday.
  • StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

LOL! If only... I think they aren't through using Satan, apostates, and the world as their whipping posts. But, it's fun to think they could always add the Bible in the mix. I don't put anything past them. And, I think they could actually get away with it...

Considering the large number of effective psychological defense mechanisms they have in place, even with such a concession, I believe many would still stay in. They would simply do a bit of eisegesis legerdemain and craft it as "We serve Jehovah, not a book..." or some other nonsense, supported by a string of scriptures. Perhaps they could even come up with new revelations, as the Mormons did. And, we all know that allegiance to the Organization has become paramount to everything else. The GB are masters at turning lemons into lemonade.

Personally, I think most JWs, like the rest of my family, are going to ride that bus right down the precipice. I truly believe that the GB could have a press conference tomorrow boldly announcing that "It was all a sham. We were making things up. Ha, ha, ha...thanks for the money...SUCKERS!, Hail Satan!", moon the audience, give the audience the finger, and walk out and you would STILL have JWs looking to find a way to stay on that bus.

I hope, at the very least, that their numbers will continue to stagnate, they become more irrelevant and marginalized, and maybe (in the undetermined future) go out with a whimper, not a bang. Which is a small comfort for people like us who have family in. But, it's good to dream.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Perhaps they could even come up with new revelations, as the Mormons did.

Please don't give them any ideas!

Image result for angel appears pic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit