The Verdict: God is Not Good.

by cappytan 30 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty
    God is all knowing in those things he wants to be all knowing in

Did he sleep through the Holocaust?

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

[No one has said anything about "amoebas," so the straw man won't work with us]

Where, in scripture, does it say that "god is all knowing in those things he wants to be all knowing in?" Where are you getting this? The WBTS says almost the same thing: "god CAN see the future, but sometimes he chooses not to." No citation, no source, no scholarship to back that up; it's a bald assertion and a case of special pleading. In other words, it's a transparently lame tactic used by unarmed apologists to dodge the question and move the goalpost.

my POINT in asking you this is not to lead you down a trap. I want an explanation--one that's falsifiable, demonstrable, repeatable and unambiguous--as to WHY god doesn't answer MY call.

i HAVE been sincere & "earnestly seeking" my entire life and never received a response--much less any proof. If god has the capacity for omnipotence, omnibenevolence an omniscience, then he KNOWS exactly what proof I need to falsify my doubts. Yet he doesn't give me that evidence. Why?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

According to the Bible God allowed sin and misery to happen because the Devil challenged him saying that Man was only interested in him for the sake of being rewarded. It is Man's fault and God allows for sh!t to happen just to prove a point. Everything is supposed to be all right because Man's eternal reward for serving God is supposed to supersede any hideous thing that ever happened in their earthly life. That's how JWs and other Christian religions explain it and it's pathetic.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl
    Right. So god's way of dealing with the guilty (satan) is to punish the innocent (us. hell--and jesus too!)
  • DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

BTT

Yo, HoldMe...

I'm still waiting.

???

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    This is what led me to finally wake up. Since childhood I could not understand stand God's reactions and all his killings. I mean really kill the first man a woman for eating a piece of fruit and then torture them before they die. Or at the flood kill all mankind all animals and all vegetation for something the angels did. Didn't make sence, I'm much happier knowing I have more love in my left nut then the god of the Bible has in his whole being.
  • StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

Crazyguy, I had similar problems with all of the killings in the OT.

One thing that always bothered me is that in the OT God commands his people a number of times to kill other people despite the fact that killing was something he supposedly could do directly. Not only did this cause untold physical violence but it probably contributed to a lot of mental and emotional damage as well.

As an example, my father is a Korean War Veteran suffering from PTSD and has daily bouts of depression over the people he killed. I know this may seen trivial compared to all of the other OT atrocities. But it begs the question, why would a God (if he existed) wish to visit this type of psychological damage on people if he could have done the killing himself? Never could figure that out. And, all of the explanations I heard at the time are now patently obscene.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I showed this to Hubby last night. He watched it to the end, which surprised me. He had no objections to what was said. After it was over, he held my hand and said something to the effect of 'I asked my dad about why the Israelites were sent into Egypt in the first place'. This clip really, really made him THINK. Something he is uncomfortable with.

I was eager to have him watch this, as today is his RC. He was racing around getting ready, but at the same time, seemed reluctant to leave. When our 7 y.o. asked him to stay for breakfast, he did. He didn't leave home until about 11:00. making him late. I think that if he wouldn't of seen this clip, he would've been much more eager to leave and wouldn't have stayed when being asked by our child.

• SG098
    SG098

To Hold me-Thrill me,

You're right, God did not kill the Jews, the nazis did. The question was, "where was god when these atrocities happened?"

What about natural disasters? Certainly fellow humans couldn't kill others with natural disasters. - (Natural meaning these were created by God)

Hold me-Thrill me, please answer the below meme:

• Simon
    Simon
    The pope IS the high-sparrow !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit