The Verdict: God is Not Good.

by cappytan 30 Replies latest jw friends

• cappytan
    cappytan

Not sure if this video has been posted before here or not, but it is a powerful scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI

I haven't watched the entire movie yet, but from this scene alone, I will be.

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku
    Thanks for sharing, cappytan. I will look that movie up. Very powerful. I wished more people would have that moment of lucidity and introspection. I wish it would not require horrible suffering to realize we are better and more moral than God. We all are.
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Well, when you put it that way....
  • Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

First, let me say that this video is an insult to Jews who died faithful to their God.

Second, that God did not kill the Jews during the war. Men killed the Jews during the war.

But how easy it is to blame God for our sins.

• cofty
    cofty

Frank. The play is a very thoughtful and powerful reflection on the moral and theological implications of the Holocaust.

To ask why an omnipotent, loving and omniscient god would do nothing to alleviate the suffering of the children of his friend Abraham is a question worth pondering.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Cofty, God does not alleviate persecution. He makes a way out but he does not take it away.

• cofty
    cofty
    He makes a way out

Please show me the way out?

• cofty
    cofty

Is this it?

Where was god?

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    If you do not know the way out I cannot tell you.
  • cofty
    cofty

Why not?

Are you avoiding difficult questions?

Where was god in Auschwitz?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit