The Confederate Flag

by Simon 109 Replies latest social current

• zimunzucz
    zimunzucz

Unfortunately Simon, what you said about the Confederate Flag, also applies to the current flag- Afghanistan and Iraq being notable examples of failed wars and America's desire to force our ideas of democracy on other cultures.

The president of the Confederacy, Jefferson Davis was never convicted of any crime and all charges were abandoned years later, when the Federal government could not prove their charges in a court of law. This information is not found in regular school history books, either. I'm a born yankee, but facts are facts. It was technically legal for them to succeed from the union, but Lincoln started a war. I believe a new Washington DC corporate UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION ( all caps- different from the original one) enacted about 10 years after the Civil war has closed that loophole.

The Charleston shooter, Dylann Roof, had been arrested months earlier and was caught with powerful prescription drugs-- drugs that can cause a person to act out violently.

Many of the mass killers have that in common- using psychiatric drugs with known violent side effects- this doesn't fit the liberal media playbook, so you must dig for that info, Simon. had he not been using those drugs, it is very likely there would have been no mass murder-- big pharma has major blame here, IMO.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/06/big-list-of-drug-induced-killers/

We had 2 mass shootings this past weekend- but they were black on black and not of any interest to Obama.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/philadelphia-detroit-suffer-mass-shootings-over-weekend

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Imagine the uproar if the LGBT community wanted their flag on the SC capitol for only 1 week after SCOTUS (inevitably) decides in favor of equal marriage rights. We all know exactly what the rhetoric would be and who would be saying it.

most notably, has anyone seen mike roscoe p. coltrane huckabee's reaction to all of this? Disgusting. And he's gunning for president.

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

So if I’m reading this right, only America is dysfunctional. Hmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

However legislation has been placed for a vote to remove the confederate flag from the State Capitol.. I believe the person that committed this horrible crime stands only with the K.K.K. ideology that was started by Adolf Hitler on wanting to make a master white race. This ideal is echoed throughout Europe and America.

Also the first slavers in American soil were the Native Americans after the 13 colonies settled in, not the African Race that was forced into slavery 100 hundred years later.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    http://www.wnd.com/2015/06/big-list-of-drug-induced-killers/

FYI, even if you have valid points, using WND as a source just makes you look utterly looney.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    So if I’m reading this right, only America is dysfunctional.

Simon didn't say that, so no, you aren't reading it right.

I believe the person that committed this horrible crime stands only with the K.K.K. ideology that was started by Adolf Hitler on wanting to make a master white race.

The KKK existed long before Hitler was born, so no, not right.

Also the first slavers in American soil were the Native Americans after the 13 colonies settled in, not the African Race that was forced into slavery 100 hundred years later.

Which has exactly nothing to do with any of this, so pointless.

• zimunzucz
    zimunzucz

FYI, even if you have valid points, using WND as a source just makes you look utterly looney.

I suppose, you have been following the news about Hillary Clinton's upcoming Rico lawsuit in Florida ( 2 weeks in January)

on NBC news? -- go ahead google Hillary Clinton on google news-- you'll see there is no mention of a Rico trial concerning the the Clinton foundation in over 10 pages of google search results-- but just add the word "rico" to her name on a google news search and then you can find out about it. Many educated people would rather be ignorant about this stuff, than have an honest major news media.

Even the National Enquirer can be right before the mainstream media-- they pay reporters to go out and investigate, instead of just using government issued talking points.

you need to stop doing this--

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, means responding to arguments by attacking a person's character, rather than to the content of their arguments. When used inappropriately, it is a fallacy in which a claim or argument is dismissed on the basis of some irrelevant fact or supposition about the author or the person being criticized

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

While I agree with Simon that the confederate flag needs to be put into a museum and has no place flying over govt. buildings, I also see the current debate as symbolism over substance. Removing the flag from American consciousness is not going to end the plague of racism. Removing it may be a start, but certainly not the end of racism in America or abroad.

We have an African American President, African Americans make huge contributions to American society in science, education and the arts. Yet statistics show that as a class African Americans are poorer, less educated and more discriminated against than their white counterparts.. It's time that we as a nation come to grips with the fact that while we'd like to think that racism is a thing of the past, it's just simply not true. Racism is alive and well in America.

What we need to be asking is how are we going to make substantive changes to achieve a truly color blind society.

• millie210
    millie210

I have a question...

is it legal to fly a flag with a swastika in Canada or America?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    • is it legal to fly a flag with a swastika in Canada or America?

In the USA, yes.

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

The KKK existed long before Hitler was born, so no, not right. Viviane

Read a book, and find the fundamentals of the KKK. It was enhanced by Nazi idealist and they continue that trait today, but Viviane you are pointless. I wont waste anymore of my time with arrogance. Just as slavery was brought into the conversation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit