Change to dress and grooming rules for JWs in USA soon?

by RayPublisher 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It would make my day as well. Mind you, I have a little skepticism here, not to Ray but the O.P on J W Talk.

A friend of mine in the cong , about a decade ago , decided to revert to his hippie appearance and grew his hair in a long pony tail down his back. (he was a musician ) . He was barred from the platform, even the school but the elders could not prevent him going door to door. That, they said , was a command of J Christ and they could not stop him demonstrating his faith .....

I suppose the Group leaders could send somebody home on a certain day for being "inappropriately dressed" , but I think that is about it.

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku
    Soon, JWs won't be able to wear wool and linen together... Oh, wait... That's been done...
  • cantleave
    cantleave

I thought heterosexuality was the norm being the opposite of homosexuality.....F*ckt4rds.

• millie210
    millie210

I just went over and looked at that thread.

For the most part they are all saying rumor...no one believes it.

There is one guy there (from the UK) that is so balanced and clear thinking that he will probably end up here one day.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

BluesBrother

A friend of mine in the cong , about a decade ago , decided to revert to his hippie appearance and grew his hair in a long pony tail down his back. (he was a musician ) . He was barred from the platform, even the school

but the elders could not prevent him going door to door. That, they said , was a command of J Christ and they could not stop him demonstrating his faith ...

• the comet
    the comet
    I can see maybe adopting more rules on acceptable dress while out in field service. What I can't see is them saying...brothers if we see you wearing skinny jeans while at the mall, you'll be removed as a publisher! That's not going to happen. What I see this as being is more of a crack down on what people wear in service and to the meetings. Search some of the jw related hashtags on Twitter or Instagram and you'll see tons of kids posting meeting or service selfies, maybe HQ is seeing to much "questionable" dress and grooming in these selfies. I'm never surprised when I hear corporate is making a new rule about something or other.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I once saw a recording of a humorous street interviewer from several decades ago who approached people and asked them what they thought of heterosexuality. Not one of them caught that he didn't say 'homosexuality.' They were like 'no, disgusting. It's unnatural.' Every single time. I bet one of you who likes to search youtube could find it. Worth watching!

Edited....shoot, I found an abbreviated version 'Steve Allen heterosexual'. I don't know how to link the video here tho!

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Reads opening post...looks at who posted it...laughs out loud...moves on.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Just to clarify that my comments are about the thread and OP on jwtalk not here....
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Yeah, I can imagine some poor guy getting called out on his skinny pants and the congregation erupting into a chorus of "take it off..." well the sisters anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit