2014 Statistics and Graphs for USA, UK and Australia

by jwfacts 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have done a breakdown for the USA, since the majority on this forum are American, along with the UK and Australia. US growth has slowed, but still moving along, but UK and Australia have are at a virtual standstill, and in fact decreasing against population growth.

Jehovah's Witness publisher statistics - United States

• jwfacts
  • jwfacts
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Nice graphs!     Thanks for your work.        I keep,expecting the U.S. to slow down even more but it just keeps trudging on.   
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Great graphs.

Only one complaint - I'm counted in there, but at least I'll be missing from the 2015 "grand totals".    :)

• BU2B
    BU2B
    I don't understand how they continue to grow.  Even though the growth barely keeps up with the population growth, I want to see the numbers begin a slow decline.  I think most of the growth is likely in the foreign language congregations.  In English, it seems more go than stay.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I don't know where you are BU2B ( don't let's raise Simon's debate about flags on posts again) but in the U K I would agree that a major push is on for "the foreign language field" , hence the enthusiasm for the JW language app.

In this average size town there are Polish meetings and deaf sign meetings - as well as ministry arrangements targeting Chinese and other groups. "Bums on seats " is what it is all about , wherever they are from and legal or not.

• Viviane
    Viviane

From 2000->2010 the US population growth was +9.7%, the peak growth for JWs was under +4%. Expressed as a percentage of population, the religion is shrinking, at least in the US.

For the UK, between 2003 and 2013 it was +7.5%. JWs grew at a peak of < +3%. Also shrinking as a percentage of the population.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    I'm in the UK and have been out 3 years but in that 3 years most congs around about me in like a 300 mile radius all have Polish meetings...the increase of the UK has def been that source.
  • cofty
    cofty
    Thanks for posting that info JWFacts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit