Another Reason to Abhor the WTS

by Mister Biggs 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

These stories reminded me of how my mom had one dress for summer and another for winter. She had this wonderful wardrobe for 3 consecutive years. Yeap, things were pretty tough for us when I was growing up as a JW.

Whilst living in Selma I had opportunity to go for a job interview, and the lady hiring was 3rd generation JW. I declined the job, but did find out that she was in need of what my husband and I were hoping to establish...a community center that provided clothing, etc. In the end I told her that the very people she abhor's (nonJW churches), are the very one's that are helping moreso in any community.

Too, I remember as a young JW if not for an older lady in the congregation there would have been plenty of times our family would not have eaten. She was like a grandmother to us, and a good friend to my mother. I think those stories are rare indeed. If not for the wordly' single parent families that shared a pot of food and whatever else, things would have seemed even worse. Guess that's why I'm for the underdog most times. That is unless they are known alcoholics, drug addicts, gamblers who refuse help with their addication. JW's taught me well how to walk away. But the children in those situations...that's another story.

Granny

• target
    target

Ah, but she was to wait on Jehovah. He will provide! Yeah, he sure came through for her all right. All the stories we heard at assemblies about people in need finding an envelope under the door with money in it, etc. Never happened to anyone I knew who was waiting and waiting and waiting on Jehovah.

I remember once when our car broke down soon after leaving the assembly in Madison Wisconsin. We stood on the side of the highway watching family after family from our congregation drive by. They all looked at us but not one slowed down or stopped to offer help. And this right after the great 4 day spiritual meal they had just had. At the following Thursday meeting they talked about how upbuild they were from the assembly. What hipocrites!

It was things like that that I filed away in my little memory folder. Finally it got so full I had to take it out and look at all the things that had accumulated and knew I could not live with it anymore.

Target

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

1st Timothy 5:8...speaks about providing for your own, especially those in one's household, and if not doing so being worse than those without faith.

Aren't we suposed to be a family? Don't we view the elders as "fathers" in a sense. Wives will listen to elders over their own husbands. Adult witnesses feel they have the right to chastize children that are not their own flesh and blood. Sounds like a family to me. After all we are a world-wide brotherhood. So why is the above scripture not heeded?

The acts of charity I've seen at the hall are by chance. There is absolutely no organized plan for caring for people who need help. In fact, at one assembly an experience was given by a sister who disparaged the local church's so called "care committee."

Witnesses are so organized when it comes to counting time, attendance, territory records, account reports, etc. but no organized means to help those of the congregation in need except "encouragement" to get out in service and attend all the meetings.

Free

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

What is really sad is what is about to happen next. She will problably be DF'd for mixing with Babylon!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

2 things:

households with no father are almost always ignored and harassed by the elders; they have no intrinsic love or appreciation for WOMEN AND CHILDRED unless a husband, a "theocratic" head is present; I know that is generalizing, but it sure seems to be a thread here. I was in one and we were ignored and pitied.

I know a family that studied in Bosnia, then realized the only way to get out (their marriage was "mixed" he bosnian and her serb)was NOT the brothers;
    SO they use Catholic Charities to get to the US and then resume studying.
    How do you like that?

I know the family, in case you are interested in more

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit