Don't believe in Evolution or Creation.

by sleepy 56 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

What am I going to do , I'm not fully convinced by evolution or creation arguments.

They are both flawed in different ways, and suffer from a lack of evidence.Although change through evolution does happen how far this can go is unknown.Complexity from design does happen but usually leaves evidence .Also no theories can go far enought in answering the ultimate questions.Evolution relies on a universe that springs into existance, creation on a god that does so.Evolution requires many complex and unlikely senarios in order to have happened so does Creation.The fossil record is incomplete and without the missing pieces we can only infer what else should be there.God is either very shy or has lost his voice and dosen't seem bothered to prove his existance.

Yet I exist, and the very heart of my being , the conscious mind is one of the least understood phenomenons in the universe.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I agree, we dont have the universe all wrapped up in a little box. Free thinkers know this. However, I believe that there is a "spirit" (for lack of a better word) that brings everything all together, somehow. God? I wonder.

Evolution is truly lacking. It is interesting how they are finding human remains in strata that is millions of years old. I wonder.

• JanH
    JanH
    Evolution is truly lacking. It is interesting how they are finding human remains in strata that is millions of years old.

Evidence?

- Jan

• 4DJones
    4DJones

You said, 'What am I to do?' Why do you feel that you have to do something? For me, it was one of the WTS tricks to create the impression that you had to decide between these two opinions. But you don't. It's not necessarily comfortable but you can just be ignorant.

4DJ

• Gedanken
    Gedanken

Sleepy,

Excellent points. Likewise, I am not fully convinced that gravity exists. You see the theory of gravity is constantly changing and doesn't mesh well with quantum mechanics, for what that's worth. These scientists are always changing their tune - a bit like the WTS - and so cannot be trusted.Given the flaws in the several theories of gravity I'm tempted to put on my seven league boots and jump to the Moon for some free cheese.

Gedanken

• Matty
    Matty

If the evolution of the species was as clear and straightforward as gravity there would simply be no issue here to discuss.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I would not write off evolutionary theory on the basis of what the Watchtower presented in the "Creation" book.

This links to a bloke called Mario di Maggio who was an elder that found serious flaws in the Creation book and naively expected the GB to acknowledge his findings:

http://www.aetheronline.com/mario/Heretic/jehovah.htm

I don't feel the need to believe that all life was directly created in order to acknowledge a spiritual aspect in my life, although I do still wonder if that is a trick of brain chemistry anyway........ At the end of the day, I definately don't need to believe in a personal Creator to be the best person I can be today.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    If the evolution of the species was as clear and straightforward as gravity there would simply be no issue here to discuss.

If people's deeply-held religious beliefs were invalidated by gravity, that would be as big an issue as evolution.

• dubla
    dubla

amen......what a ludicrous analogy.

aa

• Gedanken
    Gedanken

Matty,

Which is easier to explain in simple words, the theory of gravity or the theory of evolution? The point being that the fact of evolution is almost as obvious as is the fact of gravity, but no perfect or readily understandable theory exists for either. Of course, gravity can be tested in real time while evolution takes a bit longer. Unfortunately, the theories of gravity and evolution are fairly murky, but the theory of gravity is actually much more difficult to understand than is the theory of evolution.

Creationists are much like those religionists who persecuted those who argued that the Earth was not the center of the universe. Simply put, they don't like to hear the truth when it conflicts with their beliefs. People haven't changed much from the Middle Ages.

Gedanken

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit