Mr. Coffee

by Larry 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Larry
    Larry

Thanks for the feedback. When I was younger I remember Mr. Coffee was a 'proverbial saying' relating to anything negative :) Now that I'm one of 'those' people I wonder if Mr. Coffee had some legitimate points. And I wonder if he will be at the silentlamb demo.

Peace - LL

• Kismet
    Kismet

Mr. Coffee (Best pronounced with a thick Brooklyn accent) was the husband of a JW sister, who for several years was a regular pioneer. He was not a bum as was commented in the initial post.

He, as has been described by others, became a tourist attraction for the people coming to see the Bethel facilities. He was quite outspoken preferring to pick on sisters with make-up and non-Caucasians. One time while walking with Carey Barber up to 124, Barber made the comment under his breathe, "Yep the jackass is back again today". Mr Coffee decided to rant at Barber - "Oh you are scared of me today huh? You brought your body guard. he can't protect you from Jehovah , He (referring to me) may be a goliath (I am 6'5") but a little David can slay him."

Then started on his usual money rant this time about spending money on bodyguards etc. He followed us up to the entrance then found someone else to rant at.

The story about him getting hit was true but there was no long term injury and he did successfully sue (by settlement) for the injury. I had not heard the bucket of water story so can neither confirm or refute it.

LDH explained it well when she said:

This was one of my first exposures to an "Apostate"---therefore it was easy to dismiss them as NUTJOBS

He was pretty much viewed as comic relief by the Bethel family. He is one of the reasons why I have repeatedly commented on how we approach subjects on these boards. If we come across as nutjobs, questioning JW's will not take the information here seriously. For example who listens to You Know?

Kismet

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Isn't Mr. Coffee the name of a coffee machine?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit