HOW MANY HERE HAVE HAD JUDICIAL ACTION?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Yeah, and probably had a unique experince for it! The result was reversed!!! I was a real goody-two-shoes and had a guilty conscience about somthing I though was fairly minor about five years earlier. There was a local needs talk that kicked me in the guts and I confessed expecting a bit of council and nothing much more.

BANG!!! 'There will be a Juficial Committee and you may be Disfellowshipped.' was the flat reply - I was absolutly shocked and was physically ill. Anyway, it played out and I got a public reproof and removed as an MS. I was horrified coz 1. I believed it was unjust and unchristian, and 2. I was a self-righteous prick and didn't cope too well with being brought down 25 pegs!!!

But I was also tight with the CO. He had a look at it, told me I was a bad boy, looked up the article in the '75 KM that says if you did somthing 'bad' more than 3 years ago and it wasn't in the WT at the time that it was a DF offence and have been appointed by holy sprit to a position in the meantime, then you can't be put in front of a Judicial Committee for it. He put that to the Committee who reversed their decison and the paperwork was torn up (apparently). (I understand this was written so as to avoid mass DFings of E/MS when the smoking rules came in).

So, I was a reproved & removed, then the first thing I did after that was respond to the CO's call from the platform for me to close his Sunday meeting in prayer!!! That fucked them up! So I got to be even more self-righteous for a few years before eventually walking away from it on my own terms.

It was a life changing experience.

Cheers, Max

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

I stayed in trouble. DF twice. Public Reproved numerous times. Privately reproved once. ( Does anyone remember private reproof. I don't even know if they still do that one.) And talked to many times. I've been in that backroom so much it shouldn't be called the soundroom. It should be called Diamonds Room.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

1 JC

guilt-ridden me confessed

DFed and booted out

In too bad shape to ask for appeal

Tried to go back 5 years later and was rudely booted again - they made it clear I was not welcome

Seems I tell the truth too much

Edited by - Lady Lee on 7 August 2002 18:32:11

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

When I was the shiny-eyed, paradise bound newbie, I never thought I'd have to go before a JC in a million years. I ended up having two in 2001. First one for smoking. I really wanted to quit (I'm off 'em now) but I kept slipping, went to them for help, it actually wasn't a bad experience (but I didn't quit smoking after it, which means I had to start lying to them, not good)

2nd JC was the one that did me in. The big forny. I didn't get DF'd (a miracle), but when I was being reproved, one elder told me that I was a "spiritual babe". The more I thought about that, the more I knew I was done with JWism. I was never going to fit the Watchtower mold of a "spiritual person".

Edited by - dantheman on 7 August 2002 19:24:41

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit