Mulan

Nope!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I rented an R rated video. Got pee pee slapped

Edited by - Dismembered on 7 August 2002 0:47:22

• not interested
    not interested

yup been in judicial meetings 3 times df'ed 2 times reproved once but i still say i was innocent

• bad_associashun
    bad_associashun

yes, confronted, yes

It certainly altered my view of the royalty-inspired eldership group- asking a bunch of questions too personal/ not pertaining to the issues- pacing the floor while they all but had me under the bare bulb for interrogation, not allowing me to explain my answers... their judging opened my eyes to their true colors instead the 'hiding place from the windstorm' masquerade

• freedom96
    freedom96

Yup. My ex husband wanted his elder brother in law to perform our wedding ceremony, which was a couple of months away. We had done some fooling around, confessed a sanitized version to my dad (an elder) and my father had handled us on his own and given us strict instructions to not say anything to anyone else because he felt it was a private family matter. When the brother in law asked if we had done anything that might need to be aired, my ex's "conscience" prompted him to fess up.( Funny, that conscience went "poof" relatively quickly after we married, but that is another story) We were hauled before a committee of asses who treated me like I had been "taken advantage of" and him like he was the big bad villian. We were privately reproved, but told we would still be allowed our wedding in the hall, (which I never wanted in the first place because it was butt ugly!) So after we ordered our invitations, and spending $250 non-refundable, they told us they had changed their minds and it wouldn't be proper to have it at the hall, so we spent another $250 having them re-done with an alternate location. Then the wolf pack went after my Dad for handling the matter himself, which ended in his stepping down in self defense.Unfortunately, my parents did not wake up from this whole experience and my Dad is an elder again and my mother is still pioneering.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

When my husband and I were engaged he put his arm around the back of my chair and we promptly were called into the elders room for inapporiate conduct.

After we were married my husband was constantly told about my dress, just like my father was in the years earlier. Her dresses are too short, they show too much skin, etc., etc. I just have always wondered why they tell the man your father, your husband like they dress you and its not like my father and husband did not see me come out of the house in the outfit i was in.

I found this last experience to be sad. My cousin who is married and wants to regular pioneer was told that she would not be allowed to because her dress is immodest. Personally I think everyone in the hall is jealous because she is a size 3 and tall and can wear whatever she wants. She got so mad she promptly went out and pierced her the cartalige on her right ear. Later on she told me they are never going to let me pioneer I might as well do what I want. I told her don't let them tell you what you should do. Why do you feel bad over what they say, they have no right to tell you how to dress. Her best friend in a different congergation has everything pierced and hangs out at the local lesbian bar and is a regular pioneer

Edited by - Scarlet on 7 August 2002 2:34:40

• rosalyn
    rosalyn

Private reproof just before I got married in 1978. Husband never forgave me for ' fessing up.

Didn't go before the the judicial men in 1985. Husband said "You cannot go to this hearing. It's like the lamb to the slaughter." Disfellowshipping was done over the phone with two elders at the other end. High tech stuff. Two phone lines back in 85. Do they do it over the net now? in live chat maybe?

rosalyn

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I was df'd without meeting the elders once. Here's how:

I ran away in a taxi with a couple of suitcases while X-husband was at the TMS/service meeting. After a few days he figured I was not coming back, and told my parents I had gone, but he did not know where I was. They were not well pleased that it took him several days to mention that I was "missing".

I made contact with my parents, told them I was safe, and I was not coming back. After a few weeks I told them I was "living in sin" with someone. They told the elders, who wanted to meet with me. I would not meet with them, and they announced that I had been df'd.

I don't know the ins and outs of the judicial procedures, whether they can df someone in absentia, but I am not bothered. "Disfellowshipped" is their label, not mine, and they did not see fit to do anything when I was at the Memorial weeks earlier with a black eye. Their rules, their fallacy of justice, their problem. Not mine.

Edited to say, incidentally, prior to my spectacular exit, I had not had any reproof or discipline from the elders, ever.

Edited by - Fe2O3Girl on 7 August 2002 6:58:51

• minimus
    minimus

HEY EVERYBODY....I have enjoyed your comments. It tells much about the way the organization treats the flock of God.......btw I will be gone till Sunday, so please post your thoughts on this thread...........see ya late Sunday!

• Prisca
    Prisca

Me neither.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit