Protest and Demonstrations

by Larry 12 Replies latest jw friends

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Holy Crap MikeMusto! There is a God in Heaven........Finally you said something I agree with! hahahaha......ok I'm in Brooklyn next month, we can all argue about the Mayor and the President, it'll be a blast and a half!

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Larry, No offense but I think the Mayor refused to meet with the African American leaders because Rev. Sharpton is a class A Idiot, and no-one in the black community seems to be able to do anything without him. He's a jack-ass that makes the African American cause (all of them) a mockery. If he had a fraction of the heart and soul of the late and the great Rev. King, he might be worth listening to. And as for Mayor Bloomberg (Oh God Almighty this guy) - He only met with the Black Leaders because he's a suck up. Do you think he really gives a damn about anything above 110th? Now, frankly if I were to judge anyone on this issue, my hat would have to come off to Mayor Giuliani. Right or wrong, he stood up for what he believed was the correct course of action from the day he took his oath. He's not an idiot, he knew that any decision to NOT meet with Sharpton could potentially harm him, but he stood his ground and you have to give a guy credit for that. If he handled it any other way then he'd have been a two-faced punk like Bloomburg. He wasn't and isn't a perfect man, none of us are, but take a look at how he handled the KKK rally. Those KKK reps (As rediculously stupid as they are) did NOTHING wrong. They stood there looking like complete morons and a fight broke out. Who got blamed, the blacks who threw the first punch? No.....no no no.....the idiots wearing bed linens got blamed for the entire rediculous mess. Were they morally right in their convictions? Not if you ask me, they make me sick, but guess what, last I knew the Borough of Manhattan is in the United States, and if they want to stand there and look stupid in their linens, then so be it. So, the next thing you know Rudy gets on TV condemning them, and blaming the entire thing on them when they did nothing! He screwed up, he was wrong, but that's ok because he's not perfect, but he was by far the best Mayor the City of NY has ever seen. (koch was ok too). Now keep in mind that my opinion has absolutely nothing to do with Sept. 11th, because that of course would have made any Mayor famous.

RevMalk's 2 political cents - See you at 25 Columbia Heights (If Sharpton Shows up I might change my opinion on the guy :)

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Larry, I want to clarify something. Stating that "No-one" in the black community can do anything without Sharpton was an unfair statement. I am speaking in generalities, obviously not individuals. Of course there are those in most causes that can stand alone and proud, and there are leaders that deserve a following. And it's my opinion that the self righteous Rev. Sharpton, the self appointed savior of the Black Culture is not deserving of any following. That also does not mean that he doesn't stand (or claim to at least) for what is right and just, and it doesn't mean that he's never said or done anything for the right reasons, but generally I think he doesn't give a rat's ass about anyone but himself and getting his big fat head in the media whenever possible (so maybe he will be in Brooklyn on the 27th, haha). So, I just wanted to clarify that, and I know that you didn't make the post to glorify this particular person (or even mention him for that matter), but I rarely find a topic on this board that interests me (except to harass MikeMusto at times :), so when I do I tend to go on and on for days. As for Reverend Jackson, he's a bit better, but he's also a bit two faced......you can't exactly claim to stand for equality and then make racial statements against the Jews......just can't have it both ways, either you believe we're all equal or you don't. (and I don't mean equal to the point where minorities receive special treatment in this over-correcting direction we seem to be heading in). And if you claim to stand for equality for all men, then practice what you preach, and try your best not to refer to New York as "Hymie Town", hahahaha. God Bless Jesse. 2 More cents

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit