Their Time Will Come.....

by ISP 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

I see you've received lots of kudus for your post and that is no doubt due to your obvious compassion for those who have seen the WTS for what it is, yet still remain its slaves.

There is another side to that coin, though. Those who know that the WTS is no more God's chosen group than the Rolling Stones, yet still act as if they are loyal believers are living, walking and talking a pack of lies. If they have children at home and discuss the WTS party line with them, they are telling dangerous lies to their very own children. If they are hiding their true feelings from a spouse, they are liars to their spouses. If they are elders, they most certainly must engage regularly in field service, and in doing so, they are spreading lies to innocent people at the doors.

I'm not talking about innocent "white" lies, either. I'm talking about dangerous lies that can ruin peoples lives and psyches. Lies like "only Jehovah's Witnesses will be spared Jehovah's wrath at Armageddon"; lies like "Jehovah's earthly mouthpiece is the FDS, and if you disagree with them you are disagreeing with Jehovah"; lies like "sacrifice everything in your life but tellings others about the "Good News(tm), or you will die." That would include forsaking quality time with your children, and spouse, and getting a good education and being able to provide well for them.

The price one pays to his/her personal integrity and honesty for staying in until the time is "right" is a huge one. Breathing and knowingly living a total lie has to be one of the hardest experiences any decent human being can face. Such a person is aware that s/he is a coward and that doesn't do much for self esteem.

There are those who know the lie yet still feel they would do better by zealously working for reform from within. For those I have more respect than for those who just go along with the flow and do nothing more.

I find it incredibly ironic that the Watchtower Leaders have made such a big deal about JWs who have had the courage to stand up against ruthless political regimes and end up murdered as a result, yet these same Watchtower Leaders have turned their own followers into such wimpy cowards they don't dare even quietly speak a word against those religious masters. The reason they can do that is obvious, though. Those who are murdered as a result of standing up for the religion are convinced they are assured of a shot at eternal life. (Another BIG lie.) Those who stand up against the WTS are outcasts and all their fantasies about being rewarded by "Jehovah" are dashed to pieces. They are on their own.

But they would be free from tyranny and no longer living the Big Lie(tm).

I know that my statements are generalizations and can't be applied to all cases, but in essence that is the way it really is.

Farkel
    Hard to be Known as a "Newbie" Class

Edited by - Farkel on 16 March 2001 14:2:38

• ISP
    ISP

I had in mind particularly those who 'lurk' or come onto the board and post in support of their beliefs. I used to be a lurker and an apologetic of sorts at one time. You tend to think that opposers are demonic and it takes you by surprise when some show a genuine interest and deal with you in an understanding manner. That helps ease the mists in my opinion.

ISP

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Oh....who's that young new poster in the back?...why it's brother Farkel.

Welcome to the board. This place will really rock!!!

You made some good points. I wonder how my oldest brother (an elder)feels. He never responded to my last e-mail when I asked some difficult questions concerning the blood doctrine. I wonder if he believes the lies or knows the truth and lives the lies.

Best regards,

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I can relate to that, Thirdson.

I asked the simple question: How can you get a relationship with God by reading his letters to someone else? (JWs teach that NT is for anointed, not great crowd, also that Jesus is not our Mediator) Basically how can you get a relationship with someone by reading another person's mail?

Anyway, that was 6 months ago. Not one relative, all elders or CO has tried to answer it. I wonder why?

Cheers,

Ozzie

• ISP
    ISP

Yup, I nearly forgot, WELCOME to Farkel who although a 'Newbie' has Celebrity status in actual fact!

ISP

• TR
    TR

ISP,

A number have doubts and misgivings but conclude that there is nowhere else to go and so stay in the Org. hoping for better things, such as reform. To some extent, this is not unreasonable for those who perceive a spiritual need. I submit that the 'need' could be arguably filled by a number of different belief systems but they stick with the WTS.

This would make sense if the JW was ignorant regarding the facts that shoot down the WTS. Otherwise, I agree with Farkel.

TR

• ISP
    ISP

TR, some are ignorant. It has only been the last 6 months or so that have resulted in my departure from the regimented life in the WTS and yet I have been baptised over 20 years. To some extent it was ignorance but also the time was not right for me and my family. I have the support of my wife which I might not have had if I had departed 5 years ago, for example. In fact my misgivings were kept to myself for over a year before I discussed them with my wife. You might want to recall your own situation.

One of the things I had to come to grips with was the idea that there is probably no absolute truth......an idea that is alien to JW's. It is not something that comes easy to JW’s.

There are some outright flaws in the WTS world that go with out close scrutiny by the R+F. I would not demonise such ones or make blanket judgments of them either. I conclude that many of them like myself, perhaps, will leave and are leaving at a time that is right for them.

One of the problems many have is they perceive that there is nowhere else to go.(I've been told that by so many). Many will not be able to stomach other Christian groups. They may just be happier for now where they are, even though they do not believe everything. They know nothing else. Hence I would have a soft approach to these ones, even if the brain-deadness grates! I remember being there myself!

ISP

• Prisca
    Prisca

Good points, ISP.

Brings to mind what Jesus said "treat others as you'd like to be treated" (paraphased).

We need to think how we felt many (or not so many) years ago when we were faithful servants of the WTS. In-your-face attitudes would have only pushed up further into the org, not out of it.

• trevor
    trevor

The above posts are excellent. I can only applaud the insight and understanding that you have all attained. You are brave people who have made a stand for truth. Truth can sometimes be a quiet place and courage often goes unrecognized but peace of mind is the final prize.

Most JWs would be offended to be told they are part of a high mind control cult. Those in it's powerful grip are incapable of seeing it.
    Trevor

• ICHING
    ICHING

isp -

yea maybe -

but on the other hand

sometimes there comes a time -

you have to fight fire with fire

- most of us here seem intelligent enough to tell which tone of

response is appropriate for the reply to what's been posted.

my ambition is to not unnecessarily be some psycho's doormat

if i don't have to.

I-CHING

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit