Could a person get disfellowshipped for. . .

by StinkyPantz 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

allowing their 23 year old child to live at home even though this child makes enough money to support themselves and the parent doesn't need their financial support?

I ask because my former best friend (who betrayed me to the elders) still lives with her mom. She moved in a month before she got df'd even though her mom knew she was close to getting df'd. The mother is not sick so it's not like her daughter is taking care of her; and the daughter is capable financially of living on her own. Why is this okay but my mom isn't even supposed to say a greeting to me.

If anyone has a Watchtower or KM article that says that this behavior is absolutely wrong, will you post it here please?

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

bttt

I am certain someone here will have the specific quotes for you, but I can assure you her behavior IS in violation of WT principles.

The new August 2002 KM which emphasizes the avoidance of DF'd or DA'd family members would certainly be helpful.

For her to be a fully grown woman capable of living on her own, to be DF'd, and to still live in her parents household would mark her mother as spiritually weak and in need of counsel.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

PS - I hope you find what your looking for, revenge is ALWAYS sweet.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I asked my mother why was this acceptable and she said that she didn't even know Tasha (that's the bitch's name) was living at her mom's house. Should I get her mom in trouble for this? And if so how?

Edited by - StinkyPantz on 6 August 2002 3:8:8 Spelling

Edited by - StinkyPantz on 6 August 2002 3:9:18

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Review the following material StinkyPantz, I am certain it will prove useful to you.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Thanks this is good.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Stinky asks:

Should I get her mom in trouble for this? And if so how?

Should you? That is your decision to make.

How? I would go to the local congregations elders under the guise of possibly wanting to return, but let them know you were stumbled and confused because "Tasha" is DF'd, a fully grown woman capable of living on her own, and yet she lives with her Witness mother (whom willingly allows this to go on) and the mom is still treated with warm Christian greetings and regarded as in good standing in the congregation. Why then are you not allowed some type of relationship with your mother if she can do so? (double-standard is apparent)

Ask how is this acceptable?

• If they tell you to mind your own business.. tell them to FUCK OFF, your writing to Bethel because that is blatant hypocrisy and you need to go over thier head. (Footnote: high-and-mighty elders jump to action when someone threatens to go over their head, they do NOT like being usurped.)
    • If they do something about it, well then I guess you got your revenge.

Either way, I hate the sons-a-bitches (Jehovah's Witnesses that is).

Good luck whichever path you decide.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Stinky, I have seen your previous posts on how your mother is behaving towards you, and how badly it is hurting you.

Your mother is following WT instructions to the letter, many parents in that situation do, but some don't.

My parents don't follow this instruction, and I am deeply grateful and relieved that in this matter they can use some inate decency to decide how they will handle an issue in their lives instead of listening to a group of men in America.

Would it make it any more pleasant to be shunned by your mother if I was being hurt as badly? If you get this girl forced out of her family home, or get her mother df'd, will it make it more pleasant to be shunned by your mother?

The WT policy of forcing the disintegration of families when df'ing occurs is evil. Making sure it is enforced absolutely and without exception does not make it less evil. Why do you want to support it?

I really hope that more rank and file JW's ignore the shunning policy, as some already do. That is the way to make progress.

((((((((StinkyPantz))))))))))) I really hope that your mum wakes up and realises what a mistake she is making, and in the meantime, my best hopes and wishes to you in coping with the situation.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

One isn't df'ed; councelled etc. yes, but nothin' more. I know. because we have done so. I was asked to consider if I thought I could continue as an elder, and after half a year and to and from and yes and no and finally having had enough of the pharisees, I chose to resign as an elder, but have unofficial chores today as a kind of ms. Nothin' else has happened, but I guess that is because I made myself very vocal, and thru 8-10 different letters to the branch, which I copied to 5-6 different co's and a couple of do's I know, as well a translation to the hq and not the least long and pointed meetings, and so the Biblical reasons and also literature quotes for my acting as I did were safe and clear and well-founded, so I guess they all got a bit scared of this loudmouth and allowed him to more or less do as he pleased ........

You can achieve much, if you play it correctly, that's what I always say, although some choose to laugh at that on this board.

• Dia
    Dia

Why should we want to help you to help yet another person hurt yet another family member?

Go ask one of the 'friends' at the WTS (you and we all know that you can't do that - you can't exercise your right to freedom of speech there without getting into even more trouble).

But leaving this sort of immature, unChristian, manipulative behavior in the dust is what most of us are about on this board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit