Why are JWs so against debate

by enigma1863 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

If the JWs follow Proverbs 27:17 they should not be afraid of any tension or friction.

In order for iron to sharpen iron you need pressure, tension friction and a bit of heated debate.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Why are JWs so against debate

Because they will always lose.

• Laika
    Laika
    What VI said. Even a 'born again' fundie would embarrass a JW in a debate, if they were prepared.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Laika,
    "Even a 'born again' fundie would embarrass a JW in a debate, if they were prepared." I know that from my experience as a JW.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

I agree. There is nothing a JW can debate about that wouldn't destroy their house of cards in a flash.

They would just fall back on magic from the sky psycho being the answers to everything.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    It brings about some unwanted action, bowel movement.
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

From all I have seen. They have no thing to back them up, so thy refuse.

The emperor has no clothes on when they attempt an debate with anyone with knowledge of the Bible and the WTBTS history.

I would LOVE to see some eager JW try to debate. If only.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I was told by a elder that have served for many years as a elder, "you

are under the influence of Satan I can't talk to you, you don't make any

sense. You have lost all your reasoning on the scriptures. Then he ask me,

you don't believe in the flood, or Adam was the first man??

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Why are JWs so afraid of debate?

Because they always lose debates in the opinion to everyone except other JWs observing.

Everyone else sees through their bullsh!t.

Doc

• zimunzucz
    zimunzucz

I've probably talked to over a 100 JWs who were out in service in 27 years- they will never admit the truth to a worldly person, even if it hits them between the eyes. Later when they get home they may think about what was said to them.

The worst time I was ever beaten at the door by a householder was when she asked me a 3 word question " are you happy?"

of course I said YES, but she saw the real truth in my face- "you need to stop lying to yourself"-- and she closed the door. That lady made me realize that I was lying to myself. If JWs would just stop lying to themselves about being unhappy, they might find the strength to leave the KH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit