what the watchtower says about the bible

by zev 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• somebody
    somebody

Jehover noticed that "mistake" in the NWT some time after 1961. My NWT published by the Watchtower Bible And Tract Society (copyright 1961) reads as follows

Hebrews 1:6

But when he again brings his First-born into the inhabited earth, he says: And let all Gods angels worship him.

peace,

somebody

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

"Jehover", I like it. When my son was about 9 years old, we took him to my neices wedding. It was the first time he'd ever been in a Kingdom Hall. I figured he would be bored shitless as I was, but as we were driving from the KH to the reception, he blurts out, "hey, who's this Jovagod guy anyway?" I thought I was going to pass out from laughing.

Does anyone have a tetragrammaton T-shirt for sale?

• zev
    zev

i think this is supposed to be it.....i aint sure. i dont speak no hebrew.

yhwh

• Ephesians6
    Ephesians6

So then does the Roman Catholics get told this. They also say they are the true Church.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    *** w81 8/15 28-9 Serving Jehovah "Shoulder to Shoulder" *** They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such Bible reading, they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendoms clergy were teaching 100 years ago, and some have even returned to celebrating Christendoms festivals again, such as the Roman Saturnalia of December 25! Jesus and his apostles warned against such lawless ones.

The above is such an incredible example of doublethink, it's staggering that the WTS had the balls to use it. If you take out the perjorative statements, they're saying that a study of the Bible and only the Bible doesn't lead one to the same conclusions as the Watchtower Society, but to those of "Christendom". Shouldn't that tell them something?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

How appreciative we should be that Jehovah's earthly organisation lovingly provides filters!

Cheers, Ozzie

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Yeah. Any idiot should realize that no individual reader of the Bible could, on their own, figure out the importance of keeping track of every minute you spent "preaching" to others as well as an accurate log of how many books/pamphlets you left with others to turn it into a central body for record keeping and publication of "God's organization" *statistics*.

Only God's "visible" organization could figure that out, and actually implement procedures to gather all this highly spiritual data.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit