QUALIFIED ELDERS---WHERE ARE THEY?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

They were pompous bastards.

• WTLies
    WTLies

If you're not a 'company man' you will resign or soon be deleted. The Governing Body does not want men who think for themselvs or even men who will follow the rules. They want men who will do what they are told when they are told, no matter what the rules say. The Society continues to break their own rules whenever it suits their interests. So they want men they can count on to do whatever whenever. Oh by the way I resigned in 1997

William

Former member of a non-PROPHET organization

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I agree with Will Penn

Qualified Elders=oxymoron

Since all the good elders are leaving, being disfellowshipped, and deleted all that is left are:

Elders=morons

Sincerely,

Dede , wife of an ex elder who was one of the few, the proud , the get the heck out elders , before he became a moron class

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Exactly WTLies,

I've had one say to me that if the WTBS says for him to stand on his head, he will! Translation: If they say shit then one needs to squat.

• rocky220
    rocky220

Hey Zev: Harold was my father's name.......good and strong name!!!!! and dont you forget it!! rocky

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have to agree with Zev and others. some of the men I served with on bodies of elders were men that I was proud to be with and I still respect as human beings - a minority however!

One or two have already come to grief and been removed for something, by the company men.

My theory is that now too many elders have been raised in the borg and do not know the outside, so they let the "Big Brother" Org do their thinking. The men I was thinking of were older .had been in WW2 before learning dubdom and had charecters already formed

The congregations today are the poorer for their passing

• zev
    zev

there are some who are caring, feeling people serving as smelders. there are some, and i've known many who were intolerable, and i made no bones about it, they knew where i stood when it came to how i felt.

the common joke at work is:"Harold, how do you REALLY feel about that?" after i go off and state my opinion about this or that.

i was no different at the KH. if you didn know, you had to be deaf or stupid.

while some of these "men" i knew before i left were the caring people i had respect for, these are also (may jehover god their soverien lord have mercy on them) the first ones to spout "come back to "JEHOVERS ORGANIZATION"" at me.

its kinda screwed up.

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

At the Kingdumb Hall - which automatically pens them in for disqualification.

*shrugs*

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

The last 2 elders who were appointed in my old hall were a joke. The first was a 45 year old, HEALTHY person who is on disability. I asked him why he was on disability and he said it beats work. I was so angry at him. They made him the second school overseer, which is even more redicilous. He mixes his singulars/plurals up so much its hard to listen to anything he says because you are too busy laughing. "Brother & sister, don't wes just loves this lovings arrangements?"

The other one talks fine, but he also is on disability (healthy young man).

Perhaps I don't know the full details, but if you can be an elder and poineer and be a husband, then you sure as hell can find some work. Its good that these ppl can take advantage of the world, but be no part of it.

• JT
    JT

The question was asked Where are the Qualified Elders?

When you talk to a JW they often say if you want to know the real facts then talk not to a former jw who maybe disgruntle, but instead talk to a person who is a JW.

Well let's allow the WT top Spokesman to answer this question

Paducah Sun 1-28-01

Mario Moreno, associate general counsel at the church's New York headquarters,.

J.R. Brown, public affairs director for the church,

Both Brown and Moreno said that the elders, who volunteer and are essentially untrained clergy, might err in their application of a policy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit