Conscience Issues?

by Andyman 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

AWWW! Seven is voting? Will we have to disqualiship her here???

• Seven
    Seven

Waiting, Great quotes. Never run out of them.
    Frenchy, You're scaring me.
    "Go back to reform school. You nose picker. WC Fields. waiting told me I had her permission to use this one anytime I wanted.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Interesting 7 that the word hypocrite is from Islamic derivation..

carm

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

In response to your question about the 'conscious thing' I have to say that personally, I think that with precious few exceptions everything should me a 'conscious thing'. If disfellowhsipping (I didn't say shunning) is to be practiced then let it be for things which no reasonalbe person could ever argue against. Let the rest be a matter of your own, personal conscious. Please note the word 'personal'.
    The conscious is a strange thing. It does not react when you do something wrong. It reacts when you do something you think is wrong. So if I convince you that chewing gum is wrong, your conscious would then come into play everytime you saw a pack of gum.
    In this way, I could control you without directly forbidding you to chew the gum. So I say that let each person make that determination for themselves and thus they will be responsible for not only what they do but also for what their conscious does or does not allow.

• marion_nett
    marion_nett

Conscience is the inner voice that tells us when someone is looking ... Henry Louis Mencken

(How's that, Waiting? I'm a "quote-freak" too ...lol)

• waiting
    waiting

Dear Marion,

I'll have you know that I am not a "quote freak."

I just have very little originality, thank you.

"Making fun of born-again Christians is like hunting dairy cows with a high-powered rifle and scope." PJ O'Rourke

There's one born again every minute." PJ O'Rourke

Do we have the same dog-eared book, Marion?

Edited by - waiting on 14 June 2000 22:30:20

• marion_nett
    marion_nett

Waiting -

I have notebooks full of these things! LOL
    marion

• Terry
    Terry

This is another example of substituting a "word" for a fact.

Let's make an analogy.

People with a GPS in their car just follow directions from "above" (satellite) and utterly depend on the accuracy of that device.

However, without a GPS, the driver must actually make informed decisions second by second while relying on their own intelligence and power of observation. (The option remains to stop and ask for directions.)

Obviously, any flaw in the GPS data leaves you stranded, lost, confused and angry.

Which is the most accurate definition of a Jehovah's Witness?

Is it a person dependant on directions from others, or, is it a person who is self-reliant?

Case closed.

Following the ever-changing doctrines of Watchtower word manipulations has left a world full of angry, confused and stranded believers.

A conscience is evidence of intelligent reasoning ability.

Jehovah's Witnesses have no conscience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit